Viduka

Tooj

Odds on him missing the game against the Smoggies then?

He's favourite to be the new scapegoat, so I hear.

Shurrup man that'll always be Milner. :)

Hope Sam isn't gonna try to make him his Kevin Davies. He's a much better player than that, he needs to be playing Deeper, and get some ball to feet, especially at his age. Could be very Sheringhamesque I think if he is given the ball to play with. Then the little-uns can feed off his link-up play

He's been marked out the games by Faye & Laursen so far!

Doesn't deserve to be first-choice imo.

You say that like they are bad defenders.

Well I would suggest that I would expect Viduka to come up with more against this quality of defender.

Fuck knows what'll happen when he faces the likes of Campbell or Terry!

Well I would suggest that I would expect Viduka to come up with more against this quality of defender.

Don't you think the service was shit on Saturday though. Viduka didn't have a good game or anything but he had nothing to work with.

Both are very good defenders tbf and the ref wasn't giving him anything against Villa.

That said I though he played pretty well against Bolton. I reckon he is probably fairly tired aswell, wasn't it Sams intention not to use him at the start of the season due to his involvement for Australia?

you're talking as if you think Viduka is a world class forward or something ffs. I think he can do a job for us but he's not gonna dominate some on the best defenders in the country now is he? Top 6 finish would be amazing this season, lets not get carried away and think we're anything more than that!

Don't you think the service was shit on Saturday though. Viduka didn't have a good game or anything but he had nothing to work with.

He's used to that coming from Boro, but he was still capable of pulling out bits of magic when it looked like nowt was on. Perhaps I'm expecting too much too soon.

But against Villa he was looking a bit sluggish which could well be tiredness I suppose but I also think his attitude once he takes a heavy clattering is suspect. Takes an Aussie huff, the flamin gallah!

He's used to that coming from Boro, but he was still capable of pulling out bits of magic when it looked like nowt was on. Perhaps I'm expecting too much too soon.

But against Villa he was looking a bit sluggish which could well be tiredness I suppose but I also think his attitude once he takes a heavy clattering is suspect. Takes an Aussie huff, the flamin gallah!

He's a big tart like, I'll give you that.

you're talking as if you think Viduka is a world class forward or something ffs. I think he can do a job for us but he's not gonna dominate some on the best defenders in the country now is he? Top 6 finish would be amazing this season, lets not get carried away and think we're anything more than that!

Woah there Zico! I myself wasn't overly pleased when we signed him but I thought he would do a job like you say, but I personally don't rate Laursen and Faye that highly yet they seemed to quite easily bully him out of the game. Especially the Villa game and iirc Faye got mom against us for the way he handled Viduka.

I've no doubt he will turn out to be a good signing and score some goals, reckon he just needs a confidence boost by playing against some lesser defenders, roll on Pogatetz and Riggott against the Boro!

Woah there Zico! I myself wasn't overly pleased when we signed him but I thought he would do a job like you say, but I personally don't rate Laursen and Faye that highly yet they seemed to quite easily bully him out of the game. Especially the Villa game and iirc Faye got mom against us for the way he handled Viduka.

I've no doubt he will turn out to be a good signing and score some goals, reckon he just needs a confidence boost by playing against some lesser defenders, roll on Pogatetz and Riggott against the Boro!

:rolleyes: sorry mate

perhaps Ive been rushed back into this forum after my week a way and am still a little fatigued. I should have been slowly reintroduced perhaps :icon_lol:

Yes, the service to him was bad, but much like Shearer when he had his bad days, he was too far up field and isolated. You can't do that when you're a fat, aging lump, you need service to feet as well as his head, and quick bodies like Martins, Zog, Duff, Milner, Owen etc creating space and stretching defences.

Pogatetz is a bit of an animal but he's injured anyway. Riggott and Wheater aren't exactly frightening mind.

Pogatetz is a bit of an animal but he's injured anyway. Riggott and Wheater aren't exactly frightening mind.

I think Riggott's a canny player, would have rather had him over the past couple of seasons than what we've had, not saying much mind.

Probably because Viduka is wasted in a 4-3-3. He is too isolated to link up with anyone.

agreed. he doesn't really have the pace to play in a modern 4-3-3 where the front man is expected to do a lot of running for the team. he needs someone playing off him. but do you sacrifice the new defensive solidarity we've seen under big sam for more attacking football? i think at home you have to.

I can't see Smith getting a game once Barton is back, he's not versatile or quick enough to play on the flanks in a front 3. Starting to think he was a bit of a waste of money, could have used the 6 mill towards a proper creative, attacking midfielder.

Probably because Viduka is wasted in a 4-3-3. He is too isolated to link up with anyone.

agreed. he doesn't really have the pace to play in a modern 4-3-3 where the front man is expected to do a lot of running for the team. he needs someone playing off him. but do you sacrifice the new defensive solidarity we've seen under big sam for more attacking football? i think at home you have to.

Are you suggesting we build the team around him? :icon_lol: