Best restaurant you've been to lately

Dogmatix

Went to a Bangladeshi restaurant in Leazes Park Road last week,called ARAMI.It was the best 'indian-style' meal I've ever had. (if you saw the size of me you'd realise I've had a few)

Service,setting and atmosphere were all excellent.If you're looking for something new and diferent give it a try.

Went to a Bangladeshi restaurant in Leazes Park Road last week,called ARAMI.It was the best 'indian-style' meal I've ever had. (if you saw the size of me you'd realise I've had a few)

Service,setting and atmosphere were all excellent.If you're looking for something new and diferent give it a try.

Horizon in Arillas Corfu :icon_lol:

Gourmets Paradise, a fantastic Chinese restaurant in Lowestoft.

They should do an ad on local radio to the tune of the Coolio song. As soon as I saw the name the fucking chorus started up in my head with Gourmets replacing Gangsta. :icon_lol:

The French place behind the Gate opposite Transformations Sex Change place.

Oui Madam!

Oh and Scalini's down the Quayside is worth it just for the Italian, raven-haired beauty of a waitress.

My 15 year old cousin asked her for her number despite her being 25ish, he rang her the next day and she let him down gently saying he was too young for her, but asked if he had the number for the Italian looking man that was sat next to him! Aka me! :icon_lol:

The French place behind the Gate opposite Transformations Sex Change place.

Oui Madam!

Oh and Scalini's down the Quayside is worth it just for the Italian, raven-haired beauty of a waitress.

My 15 year old cousin asked her for her number despite her being 25ish, he rang her the next day and she let him down gently saying he was too young for her, but asked if he had the number for the Italian looking man that was sat next to him! Aka me! :rolleyes:

Scept-o-Bots Rollout!

sceptobotup1.jpg

:icon_lol:

Plush in Leeds. Nice, bit pricey, but decent none the less... best Restaurant would be Mio Modo though. Unbeatable

Edited by The Fish

Agree, it's excellent. A bit different from your run of the mill curry house too.

Edited by alex

Agree, it's excellent. A bit different from your run of the mill curry house too.

Is that the one towards the bottom of the street as you head down towards Eldon Square? If not which one is that as it looks canny from the outside (sad indictment of the trade but I'm always impressed by an Indian restaurant that doesnt look like complete shit from the street).

Anyone in Manchester wants to try Azzurro in West Didsbury. Peerless pasta tbf.

For a curry, make it Spicy Hut on Wilmslow Road.

Is that the one towards the bottom of the street as you head down towards Eldon Square? If not which one is that as it looks canny from the outside (sad indictment of the trade but I'm always impressed by an Indian restaurant that doesnt look like complete shit from the street).

It's on the street that runs from Percy Street up towards Barker and Stonehouse and the ground. It's on the right if you're going up the hill. It's quite trendy looking. Not sure if you'll know it but it used to be Julius Caesar which was your bog standard, candle in a Chianti bottle, type of Italian place.

Guest stevieintoon

90% of Indian restaurants, and take aways are ran by Bangladeshi's and always have been. It's just more marketable to call it an Indians. Let's go for an Bangladeshi, it doesn't sound right does it, but the vast vast majority of them are Bangladeshi's. Good luck to them as well, they came over with nothing, created a huge, vast market that didn't exist before, and even became the suppliers of the a new meal which became the most popular in this country, and created Anglo-Indian food, like Chicken Tikka Masala. It's Anglo Indian food, but made by Bangladeshi's.

Very, very rare you actually have an Indian meal, though, sorry to spoil the illusion. It's just like when Neville is dressed up in a turban in that restaurant in Dusseldorf, it's all an illusion, it's Bangladeshi ran, and Bangladeshi food. Having said though, Bangladesh to India has paralells as to what Scotland is to England.

Anyway I think sit down meals aren't really my cup of tea, and more often that not pish. I paid for one for 7 people at "The Wheatsheaf" near the airport about a few years ago, 4 course meals, 2 bottles of wine, fuckin £150, the cheeky cunts, I wouldn't care it was shite.

It's on the street that runs from Percy Street up towards Barker and Stonehouse and the ground. It's on the right if you're going up the hill. It's quite trendy looking. Not sure if you'll know it but it used to be Julius Caesar which was your bog standard, candle in a Chianti bottle, type of Italian place.

Yeah thats the badger. Thought it must have been as it does look conspicuously more 'up market' than your average curry house. Will give it a whirl sometime. :icon_lol:

I miss chicken kebabs from Camel One :rolleyes:

And sitting in the park eating kebabs from Abduls at 4am :icon_lol:

90% of Indian restaurants, and take aways are ran by Bangladeshi's and always have been. It's just more marketable to call it an Indians. Let's go for an Bangladeshi, it doesn't sound right does it, but the vast vast majority of them are Bangladeshi's. Good luck to them as well, they came over with nothing, created a huge, vast market that didn't exist before, and even became the suppliers of the a new meal which became the most popular in this country, and created Anglo-Indian food, like Chicken Tikka Masala. It's Anglo Indian food, but made by Bangladeshi's.

Very, very rare you actually have an Indian meal, though, sorry to spoil the illusion. It's just like when Neville is dressed up in a turban in that restaurant in Dusseldorf, it's all an illusion, it's Bangladeshi ran, and Bangladeshi food. Having said though, Bangladesh to India has paralells as to what Scotland is to England.

Anyway I think sit down meals aren't really my cup of tea, and more often that not pish. I paid for one for 7 people at "The Wheatsheaf" near the airport about a few years ago, 4 course meals, 2 bottles of wine, fuckin £150, the cheeky cunts, I wouldn't care it was shite.

Aye, theres a lot of Bangladeshi run 'Indians' but 90% is way off tbf. Pakistani's have massive market share an all.

I miss chicken kebabs from Camel One :lol:

And sitting in the park eating kebabs from Abduls at 4am :icon_lol:

:D

Only way to eat them, pet! :rolleyes:

Camel One is proper dodgy these days like. It's open until 7 am mind tbf.

Yeah. loads of Pakistani restaurants out there, quite often marketed as 'North Indian'. The Indian Doctor wor lass knows from work reckons most of the ones in the North East are Pakistani rather than Indian btw.

I hear the Pope's a Catholic an' all.

The Lord of Harpole is Bangladeshi, FWIW.

Presumably it's worth something to him at least.

Probably not as much as his bought title, TBQF.

Guest stevieintoon

Aye, theres a lot of Bangladeshi run 'Indians' but 90% is way off tbf. Pakistani's have massive market share an all.

Trust me mate, Bangladeshi's run 90% of Indian food places, trust me. It's their niche. Pakistani's are the poorest of the Asian settlers, a majority of them came over to work in industrial premises in the 50's and 60's in shitholes like Lancashire, and Yorkshire, the cotton industries collapsed in places like Manchester and Bradford and you end up with mass unemployment. A lot of the more affluent Pakistani's obviously run general dealers and corner shops, so do a percentage of Indians too but Pakistani's have the largest asian share of this marker. The Indians who came over used to, some perhaps still do, look down their noses at the other two, because they came over highly educated, and many filled medical positions, it's been said in the past, that Indians SAVED the NHS.

Back to the main point though, the asian food market was primarily created, and continues to be dominated by Bangladeshi's under the Indian banner.