dodgy emails ???

Radgina

I have had about four in the past week telling me I have won sums of money ranging from 200,000 dollars to 600,000 sterling from different associations. Some are asking me to supply my full name , dob, address etc , some just asking me to reply to the emails. I have done neither but whats the craic ?? :icon_lol:

I have had about four in the past week telling me I have won sums of money ranging from 200,000 dollars to 600,000 sterling from different associations. Some are asking me to supply my full name , dob, address etc , some just asking me to reply to the emails. I have done neither but whats the craic ?? :rolleyes:

It's a scam :icon_lol:

I have had about four in the past week telling me I have won sums of money ranging from 200,000 dollars to 600,000 sterling from different associations. Some are asking me to supply my full name , dob, address etc , some just asking me to reply to the emails. I have done neither but whats the craic ?? :rolleyes:

never ..you do surprise me...the point is what do they get out of it if you just re ply to the email without giving any personal details ??

Edited by Radgina

never ..you do surprise me...the point is what do they get out of it if you just re ply to the email without giving any personal details ??

Well they know it's a legitimate email address that is in use for a start.

Well they know it's a legitimate email address that is in use for a start.

Aye plus they then know they've got someone willing (or gullible enough) to talk (assuming there's no virus issue as well).

Bearing in mind they'll likely be sending out to millions of e-mail addresses every week they only need a few bites at the bait.

I've had loads recently supposedly from the Bank of Scotland or Alliance & Leicester saying I need to confirm all my account details and passwords with them.

Aye again they only need one success in who know how many hundreds of thousands of tries to make it worth their while.

Really needs to be some worldwide cohesion on spam fighting, but that'll never happen until it really starts to cost business and governments too much.