Am a geordie am a geordie

Guest stevieintoon

Guest stevieintoon

I watched this video as a bairn about 20 times a year, it was 30 minutes long but they condensed it to 4 on here. I know there's a youtube thread, but this deserves a thread of its' own. It's the best youtube ever, cos I've been looking for the song for years, and that video.

It will educate people the majority, who through age, the fact they weren't interested in football then and those who support Newcastle since Keegan's come back, who have only watched football through the SKY era, as to what the crowd was like at SJP. How mental it was when goals used to go in.

That last game against Brighton was still 15 months before I went to my first match, but speak to anyone under 50 and they'll tell you for a wide variety of reasons that 83/84 season was one of the best and most exciting since the 50's amd 60's to be a toon fan. If you were a hooligan, 84 was known as the year of the hooligan, Cardiff, Swansea, Man City, Leeds, Newcastle, Chelsea all in the same division to mention a few, while on the pitch our three big hitters Waddle, Keegan and Beardsley was one of the best front lines we've ever had in our history.

Can anyone show me a crowd other than Man Utd who have been the 3rd best supported club in England whilst in Division Two since, 1980? It's been done twice, both times by us, and wanks stand by and let jealous cunts from other clubs call us JCL's.

Anyway watch it, it's a great vid for nostalgia people.

Guest stevieintoon
A team getting high attendances on the back of trophy signings and a promotion push? Twice?

Give ower man.

Who was the trophy signings in 1992 ugly? Barry Venison? You fuckin unloved flump.

Ye naa what I posted this on TOTT too, the difference in the response is marked, but not surprising to me.

Guest stevieintoon
Happy days.

The only place you see crowds as mental as that these days is in Argentina. The football is not bad but the crowd action and involvement is phenomenal.

Aye true, the only time lately our crowd looked like a terrace when we scored was when Dyer scored at Arsenal.

The krauts have safe standing about time we did as well. Even if we did though, it wouldn't be the same, the youth of today are more boring than the youth of 20 years ago, it's not just a change in stadiums and football culture, just a thought. People like Sima and Skol were few and far between, especially at football, 20 years ago.

Edited by stevieintoon

Happy days.

The only place you see crowds as mental as that these days is in Argentina. The football is not bad but the crowd action and involvement is phenomenal.

Aye true, the only time lately our crowd looked like a terrace when we scored was when Dyer scored at Arsenal.

The krauts have safe standing about time we did as well. Even if we did though, it wouldn't be the same, the youth of today are more boring than the youth of 20 years ago, it's not just a change in stadiums and football culture, just a thought. People like Sima and Skol were few and far between, especially at football, 20 years ago.

:icon_lol: Do I hear the sound of an axe being ground?

As you know nothing about me I think you might like to know that even though I wasn't old enough to remember the halcyon days of terracing i'm all for bringing some form of safe standing back. Knobber.

Guest stevieintoon
Happy days.

As you know nothing about me I think you might like to know that even though I wasn't old enough to remember the halcyon days of terracing i'm all for bringing some form of safe standing back. Knobber.

I've read enough of your posts to make fuckin reasonably accurate assumptions. "Knobber" oh dear. Students :rolleyes:

Happy days.

I've read enough of your posts to make fuckin reasonably accurate assumptions. "Knobber" oh dear. Students :rolleyes:

Alright then, arsecandle.

Happy days.

I've read enough of your posts to make fuckin reasonably accurate assumptions. "Knobber" oh dear. Students :lol:

Alright then, arsecandle.

You could probably go on all day tbh :D

Invent new ones just for Stevie,

Oh and leighton Baines - FACT! ITK :rolleyes:

Happy days.

Except I was watching football 20 years ago?

Wrong. Again.

Unlucky kidda.

Happy days.

Wrong. Again.

Unlucky kidda.

:icon_lol: Tucked

Guest stevieintoon
Happy days.

Wrong. Again.

Unlucky kidda.

:rolleyes: Tucked

Tucked :icon_lol:

My point was boring cunts with nothing to say were few and far between, life and this message board are ravaged by them in 2007.

Don't refer to me as "kidda" you utter tosser OK? :D

Edited by stevieintoon

My point was boring cunts with nothing to say were few and far between, life and this message board are ravaged by them in 2007.

Don't refer to me as "kidda" you utter tosser OK? :rolleyes:

Don't you come out with same boring, base, dullard insults?

Some could argue that you have nothing to say as you insist on repeating yourself.

Guest stevieintoon

Don't refer to me as "kidda" you utter tosser OK? :rolleyes:

Don't you come out with same boring, base, dullard insults?

Some could argue that you have nothing to say as you insist on repeating yourself.

Great.

Guest stevieintoon

Where's the football violence penii? Football violence accompanied that era, but that was a tiny part of it? Just ignore Beardsley, Waddle and Keegan and the fantastic toon support on that clip, and talk about football violence. Why do cunts like you exist?

Oh I'm sorry, I must have misinterpreted your post, you clearly said that the mid 80s were blighted by hooligans, rather than saying this is something we are missing. I now see that you meant this caused the lowest football attendance in decades, as normal people don't think stamping on somebody's head is an enjoyable way to spend a Saturday afternoon. Also, making the city centre a no go area for families, that of course had nothing to do with dildos trying to maim each other.

Once again, apologies. Were you a hooligan back then? Or just a nobend who sort of thought this was fun to watch?

I'd have had no problems with your post otherwise. I remember why most of my family stopped going for many years, and I remember being picked up by my dad into BHS to avoid such scumbags. If you want to fight, take up amateur boxing, and leave decent people alone.

Oh I'm sorry, I must have misinterpreted your post, you clearly said that the mid 80s were blighted by hooligans, rather than saying this is something we are missing. I now see that you meant this caused the lowest football attendance in decades, as normal people don't think stamping on somebody's head is an enjoyable way to spend a Saturday afternoon. Also, making the city centre a no go area for families, that of course had nothing to do with dildos trying to maim each other.

Once again, apologies. Were you a hooligan back then? Or just a nobend who sort of thought this was fun to watch?

I'd have had no problems with your post otherwise. I remember why most of my family stopped going for many years, and I remember being picked up by my dad into BHS to avoid such scumbags. If you want to fight, take up amateur boxing, and leave decent people alone.

Has anyone on here not had a disagreement with Stevie yet? :D