"Heroes come and go - our passion is forever"

Happy Face

Not especially... it's true though isn't it? :icon_lol:

:rolleyes:

So heroes come and go, only in the last 15 years? sorry, but I don't really give a fuck that Ginola was here when Sky filmed it, he's still not as big a hero round these parts as Jackie Milburn.

Also the use of the word "our", lumps me in with Sky Sports, whose passion is more for Chelsea, Man U and Arsenal, but even when their passion covers my team, it means going to a match at 12.45 on a Sunday or 8 on a Monday. All I want is a few pints before and after the match with a gaurunteed lie in. These fuckers have ruined it for me so some lazy armchair fan can watch loads of games a week rather than one.

Also the way they're using our biggest fault against us. No matter how shit we are I'm still paying for a season ticket that's increased in price way over the rate of inflation for the past 15 years....as a direct result of the Sky influence. My passion IS forever...and they take liberties in exploiting the fact. Don't rub my nose in it you twats.

How is Shearer Blackburns "Hero" and not ours?

surely Sutton would have been a better shout for them, and Shearer for ourselves?

surely Sutton would have been a better shout for them, and Shearer for ourselves?

Its really so much heroes club by club is it ? its just Premier League heroes, the teams are pretty irrelevant, but you could argue Shearer was a better player at Blackburn than he was at Newcastle and won a league winners medal there too, probably warrants depicting him in a Blackburn shirt.

Its really so much heroes club by club is it ? its just Premier League heroes, the teams are pretty irrelevant, but you could argue Shearer was a better player at Blackburn than he was at Newcastle and won a league winners medal there too, probably warrants depicting him in a Blackburn shirt.

On the posters around St James' he's in his Newcastle strip

Something along these lines:

oh aye, the tv advert is suicide material, the billboard and magazine ad isn't bad though.

Something along these lines:

oh right, basically the usual kinda thing

so wheres the controversy?

Collymore scoring "that" goal for Liverpool

Rooney scoring "that" goal for ManUre

Owen doing that rubbing hands shite after scoring a hat-trick against us

Shearer scoring in a blackburn shirt

Cantona looking like an arrogant prick.

isn't that enough to send any Newcastle fan reaching for the Valium ?

Well in footballing ability, Shearer at Blackburn was the best around and I have no qualms about that.

:WhooOOOOooOsh:

well ive dumped sky for setanta, that's why i asked. obviously it was over my head or I wouldn't asked the question. So whats the ad all about then?

I meant that it was over my head you silly bugger :icon_lol:

well ive dumped sky for setanta, that's why i asked. obviously it was over my head or I wouldn't asked the question. So whats the ad all about then?

:D

oh good, sorry for being so defensive ! :rolleyes:

Edited by zico martin

:lol:

oh good, sorry for being so defensive ! :rolleyes:

LOL its ok :D

He was, without question.

Not especially... it's true though isn't it? :icon_lol:

So heroes come and go, only in the last 15 years? sorry, but I don't really give a fuck that Ginola was here when Sky filmed it, he's still not as big a hero round these parts as Jackie Milburn.

Also the use of the word "our", lumps me in with Sky Sports, whose passion is more for Chelsea, Man U and Arsenal, but even when their passion covers my team, it means going to a match at 12.45 on a Sunday or 8 on a Monday. All I want is a few pints before and after the match with a gaurunteed lie in. These fuckers have ruined it for me so some lazy armchair fan can watch loads of games a week rather than one.

Also the way they're using our biggest fault against us. No matter how shit we are I'm still paying for a season ticket that's increased in price way over the rate of inflation for the past 15 years....as a direct result of the Sky influence. My passion IS forever...and they take liberties in exploiting the fact. Don't rub my nose in it you twats.

Oi! :D