Cacapa The Destroyer Fit And Ready

SAM Allardyce says that Brazilian defender Cacapa is fit and ready for the rigours of the Premiership after making his United debut at the weekend.

The 31-year-old centre-back became the club's 1,000th player during his three-minute appearance in the closing stages of Saturday's goalless draw with Aston Villa.

And when Big Sam was pressed about the Brazilian flair which Cacapa could bring to the team, he retorted: "I didn't buy him for that!

"I bought him for the experience and the rock that he is at the back.

"His passing and control is an extra bonus.

"His defending against Newcastle Blue Star was superb, and that's what he's for. He's a destroyer - not a creator. Any defender who tells you he's a creator isn't telling you the truth.

"Defenders are only there to destroy the opposition's attack."

And the United boss says that he would have no fears about starting with the five-times French champion should any of the Magpies defenders return from international duty with an injury.

"Cacapa is fit and ready and could start at Middlesbrough if we wanted him to," he added.

"But I think the defence is playing well at the moment so it's probably the case that we don't need to, however that could change between now and then."

Anyone think he will get a start on Sunday ?

Would love to see it happen, but I doubt it.

I'd put Taylor at right-back. Anyone instead of Carr and play Cacapa with Rozehnal.

Two sweepers in the middle there would be my concern. I'm guessing about Cacapa being more of a sweeper btw, but Rozenhal likes to drop off.

I'd put Taylor at right-back. Anyone instead of Carr and play Cacapa with Rozehnal.

Two sweepers in the middle there would be my concern. I'm guessing about Cacapa being more of a sweeper btw, but Rozenhal likes to drop off.

So did Bramble... :icon_lol:

So did Bramble... :rolleyes:

Aye, in a different sense :icon_lol: