First dates

Walliver

I know this is probably a stupid question to ask on here but any tips? Nice/funny/horrible stories you want to share?

I've agreed to go on a date with a friend's friend tomorrow. She's pretty. We're going for a few drinks and then maybe to an open mic night to listen to some music.

What are the current rules of dating?

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

don't talk, let her talk. You can earn huge brownie points by really listening to a girl. Try to remember things which seem important to her

don't talk, let her talk. You can earn huge brownie points by really listening to a girl. Try to remember things which seem important to her

Shoes

handbags

makeup

vibrators

Vodka

Shoes

handbags

makeup

vibrators

Vodka

1 out of 5 there buddy :icon_lol:

:icon_lol:

Or in the Fish's case.... let her rant on about how terrible her mate is for cheating on her boyfriend (and his flat-mate) before dropping a "fancy a shag?" into the convo.....

:rolleyes:

:icon_lol:

Or in the Fish's case.... let her rant on about how terrible her mate is for cheating on her boyfriend (and his flat-mate) before dropping a "fancy a shag?" into the convo.....

:rolleyes:

:D

I don't agree with the "don't talk" rule, sit there like a fish (I meant that pun :icon_lol: ) and she wont be rushing back for a date. She will probably be nervous herself so not saying much could mean a very uncomfortable night.

I don't agree with the "don't talk" rule, sit there like a fish (I meant that pun :rolleyes: ) and she wont be rushing back for a date. She will probably be nervous herself so not saying much could mean a very uncomfortable night.

Get a girl started and she'll merrily natter on for ages. I don't mean sit with your arms folded, tight lipped and un-responsive (that's her role for later :icon_lol: ). I mean ask her questions, even if they'd normally be irrelevant questions to ask a bloke. When she's talking about her friends ask how they met, when talking about her siblings ask their age and what they're up to.

In my experience it's good to have a glass of wine to hand if you're gobby. I often babble when I've nervous energy, the drink acts as a substitute. Obviously don't drink shit loads and throw up in her lap on the taxi ride home.

Compliment her outfit at the beginning of the night, not after 2 bottles of red and three bottles of peroni

Let her order for herself.

Listen to her.

Maintain comfortable eye contact, if you find that hard just look at her mouth instead.

If I were you I'd book a table, but go for a drink before hand. A nice cocktail starts things on the right path. (and gets a few measures down to calm both your nerves.)

Order something that doesn't leave a pungent aodour behind. Avoid stuff that gives you gas or bad breath.

Order something you wouldn't normally have at home. Don't go for Special Fried Rice, a Chicken Kiev, or Spaghetti Bolognese... try something else.

no nos in my book would be

talking about yourself all night.

cracking jokes all night

hackneyed lines

don't compliment her too much, it sounds needy and desperate.

don't take the piss out of her at all, as stated above, girls are quite nervous on dates.

if you're going to pay for the meal don't make a big deal out of it

don't try to be flash either, don't buy the most expensive wine on the menu just because it's the most expensive wine on the menu.

don't be over-familiar

Don't write out a list of dating tips on a website, because you know you'll be mocked to fuck about them.

Don't take one last sip of Vodka say "fuck it" and click "add reply" either :D

I don't agree with the "don't talk" rule, sit there like a fish (I meant that pun :D ) and she wont be rushing back for a date. She will probably be nervous herself so not saying much could mean a very uncomfortable night.

Get a girl started and she'll merrily natter on for ages. I don't mean sit with your arms folded, tight lipped and un-responsive (that's her role for later :icon_lol: ). I mean ask her questions, even if they'd normally be irrelevant questions to ask a bloke. When she's talking about her friends ask how they met, when talking about her siblings ask their age and what they're up to.

In my experience it's good to have a glass of wine to hand if you're gobby. I often babble when I've nervous energy, the drink acts as a substitute. Obviously don't drink shit loads and throw up in her lap on the taxi ride home.

Compliment her outfit at the beginning of the night, not after 2 bottles of red and three bottles of peroni

Listen to her.

Maintain comfortable eye contact, if you find that hard just look at her mouth instead.

If I were you I'd book a table, but go for a drink before hand. A nice cocktail starts things on the right path. (and gets a few measures down to calm both your nerves.)

Order something that doesn't leave a pungent aodour behind. Avoid stuff that gives you gas or bad breath.

Order something you wouldn't normally have at home. Don't go for Special Fried Rice, a Chicken Kiev, or Spaghetti Bolognese... try something else.

cracking jokes all night

hackneyed lines

don't take the piss out of her at all, as stated above, girls are quite nervous on dates.

don't try to be flash either, don't buy the most expensive wine on the menu just because it's the most expensive wine on the menu.

don't be over-familiar

Don't write out a list of dating tips on a website, because you know you'll be mocked to fuck about them.

Don't take one last sip of Vodka say "fuck it" and click "add reply" either :lol:

For a minute there you actually had me convinced that you knew what to do and it wasn't all just guess work :rolleyes:

I don't agree with the "don't talk" rule, sit there like a fish (I meant that pun :D ) and she wont be rushing back for a date. She will probably be nervous herself so not saying much could mean a very uncomfortable night.

Listen to her.

cracking jokes all night

hackneyed lines

don't be over-familiar

Don't take one last sip of Vodka say "fuck it" and click "add reply" either :lol:

For a minute there you actually had me convinced that you knew what to do and it wasn't all just guess work :rolleyes:

If following all of the above tips be careful that she doesnt think you are homosexual. Mate, just have a laugh and enjoy it and dont listen to fish's 100 step guide. I have a mate who is pug ugly but he pulls some stunners purely cos he takes the piss out of them and himself and has them in kinks.

Try not to take them somewhere one of your ex's and their friends are when they don't know you are dating one of their friends so soon after a break up of a long relationship!

Took me four readings to even understand that codswallop!

don't talk, let her talk.

:icon_lol::rolleyes::D:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::gettin::dancing::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Dave, man...are you having a fucking laugh? When have you ever buttoned it for more than five seconds?

You've seen my exploits.

you know the level of game I bring to the court...

oh yes... I'm Ghetto ;)

A8572E-md.jpg