Third Kit.

khay

I agree that it's pointless but I can't understand why people think it's disgusting. It's too nondescript to be that bad. It looks pleasant enough to me.

Chelsea's away top is the one to beat for awfulness.

Its fucking hideous..

:icon_lol:

And far too close in colour to the away kit. If they're going to make a 2nd alternative kit then surely they need to make sure they colours are as far away from the other two kits as possible.

For the record, I don't think it's any coincidence that the shorts and socks of this kit would not look out of place alongside either the home or away shirt.

New boy Enrique’s a model pro

Aug 23 2007

by Alan Oliver, Evening Chronicle

SPANISH defender Jose Enrique models Newcastle United’s new strip which will used for cup competitions.

And Enrique is expected to be wearing the strip again when United entertain Barnsley in the Carling Cup at St James’ Park on Wednesday night.

That’s when Sam Allardyce has pencilled in Enrique for his United debut, meaning that the £4.2m signing from Villarreal will watch Sunday’s derby match with Middlesbrough from the stands at the Riverside Stadium.

Enrique should have been away in Spain this week at a get-together of their Under-21 side, but he preferred to stay on Tyneside and find his feet with those of his new colleague who were not away on international duty – and his reward was a modelling job.

United’s third strip, which is similar to that worn by Argentina, is on sale from Wednesday in official club stores and to on-line customers via NUFC Direct.

United hope to wear the strip against Barnsley and if they do one supporter wearing it will be presented with a framed shirt and have it presented to him by a Newcastle player.

I saw Anal in town yesterday actually, as I had to drop something off at the Chronicle. He was wearing shades and on his mobile. I stalked him so I could listen to his conversation about our latest signing...but he was talking to his wife about what he'd bought for his lunch.