Faye to sign soon?

Wavey Davey

From .com:

"Latest news from Lancashire is that the deadlock between Bolton and Newcastle over the transfer of Abdoulaye Faye has been broken and our eighth signing since Sam arrived should now be completed fairly quickly"

What say you lot?

From .com:

"Latest news from Lancashire is that the deadlock between Bolton and Newcastle over the transfer of Abdoulaye Faye has been broken and our eighth signing since Sam arrived should now be completed fairly quickly"

What say you lot?

great a player full of attacking flair to replace dyer and duff!

:icon_lol:

Faye returns to Bolton fold

Abdoulaye Faye looks set to stay at Bolton after Sammy Lee confirmed the defender was in his plans for Reading on Saturday.

The Senegalese stopper has been strongly tipped to join Sam Allardyce's Newcastle before the transfer window closes but so far a move has not materialised.

Faye has been left out of Bolton's last two games as Lee feared the speculation would unsettle the player.

But the 29-year-old is back in the fold for the visit of Reading on Saturday and Lee has hinted Faye could be staying with The Trotters.

"I have spoken to Abdoulaye and he has worked hard this week on the training ground and is eager to play on Saturday," Lee told the club's official website.

"I did leave him out of the last two matches, against Fulham and Portsmouth, because I felt the speculation was getting to him and it has been difficult for the boy.

"He has responded well this week and he will come into contention against Reading at the weekend."

Unsure over duo

However, Lee seems less sure that attacking duo Nicolas Anelka and El Hadji Diouf will be remaining at The Reebok Stadium.

Both players have hinted they want to leave Bolton to pursue UEFA Champions League ambitions.

Anelka has been linked with a host of clubs this summer while Diouf's future has recently also become uncertain.

"It's a concern and it might be out of my hands at times - but at the moment it is only speculation," said Lee.

"We want to keep our better players - but as I've said before, if people want to go then sometimes you can't stop them.

"I certainly don't want them to go - and as has been mentioned before, certain people have had 'previous' at being at football clubs about wanting to leave.

"It's not just Bolton Wanderers - there is a trend - but obviously we'd like to keep our best players."

O'Brien ready

Meanwhile, Lee also confirmed that recent signing Andy O'Brien is in line to make his Bolton debut against Reading.

Meanwhile, Lee also confirmed that recent signing Andy O'Brien is in line to make his Bolton debut against Reading.

tenner on Reading.

Nah, Bolton will win by a nose.