Black Cats target Kuffour

Scottish Mag

Skysports.com understands Sunderland are lining up a move for Roma's Samuel Kuffour.

Black Cats boss Roy Keane is actively scouring the transfer market for reinforcements and is hoping to bring in a few new faces before the close of the transfer window next week.

Keane is eager to bolster his defence and he believes experienced campaigner Kuffour would be a valuable addition to his squad.

Kuffour's future at Roma looks uncertain with the Ghanaian international spending last season on loan at Livorno.

The former Bayern Munich man is well down the pecking order at the Stadio Olimpico and the Italian club are thought to be willing to listen to offers.

The news has alerted Sunderland who are now pondering a move for Kuffour to shore up their defence.

Kuffour's agent Oscar Damiani admitted a move to Sunderland could happen if a deal can be agreed with Roma.

"It is a possibility that Samuel could move to Sunderland," Damiani told skysports.com.

"It all depends on Roma and what they want to do."

Guest stevieintoon

You can't question their ambition. I was gutted when we signed Boumsong instead of him, that season Bayern lost the CL Final to Manchester United he was awesome, and I used to think of him as one of the best African defenders ever. The thing is the mackems are going to have to pay silly money even for fading stars it appears.

Having seen the mackems so far, I think they're crying out for a creative midfielder, someone in the Malbranque mould. I've always preferred him in the centre. To me it's painful watching Dwight Yorke so far out of his depth these days.

If Kuffour signs for the Mackems he should get a huge standing ovation when he plays at SJP. Ironically this is a massive insult in Ghana and parts of neighbouring Cambodia.

Eh? :D

If Kuffour signs for the Mackems he should get a huge standing ovation when he plays at SJP. Ironically this is a massive insult in Ghana and parts of neighbouring Cambodia.

Eh? :D

You heard, Kojak!

Obviously people haven't read the John Anderson thread.

Who the fuck is John Anderson?

Fucked if I know mate.

Call yourselfs fans?

Its a sight for sore eyes the state of toon fans in 2007!