Mackems to sign Cole

Wavey Davey

from bbc.co.uk

Sunderland close to Cole capture

Former Manchester United forward Andy Cole is having a medical at Sunderland after agreeing a one-year deal with the Premier League club.

The ex-England striker, 35, is a free agent after leaving Portsmouth earlier this summer, but is unlikely to feature at the weekend as he is not match fit.

Manager Roy Keane played with Cole during his time with United.

"I spoke to him earlier in the week, agreed terms on Wednesday and he will be joining us for a year," said Keane.

"His experience will be vital for us. I spoke last week about the fact that we don't have too much experience in the dressing room and there's no harm in bringing in one or two lads who have done the course and know what it is all about.

"Hopefully it will be done by the weekend."

:D

:icon_lol:

from bbc.co.uk

Former Manchester United forward Andy Cole is having a medical at Sunderland after agreeing a one-year deal with the Premier League club.

The ex-England striker, 35, is a free agent after leaving Portsmouth earlier this summer, but is unlikely to feature at the weekend as he is not match fit.

"I spoke to him earlier in the week, agreed terms on Wednesday and he will be joining us for a year," said Keane.

"His experience will be vital for us. I spoke last week about the fact that we don't have too much experience in the dressing room and there's no harm in bringing in one or two lads who have done the course and know what it is all about.

T-Keith will be on shortly asking who the fuck Andy Cole is.

Joke!!! by the way Tom! :headphonedance:

This is worse than when we signed Rush.

Oh dear.

is it though? it seems a very similar transfer - both destined for disaster!

They're quite happy about it on the SMB. Bloody hell, I wouldn't be!

I suppose since they're lacking strikers then for a year its not the worst signing they could make, not quite what their fans were expecting though!

I didn't really pay much attention to what he did at Portsmouth (and then did he go on loan from them somewhere?) so he might be totally finished, or he may have a little bit left in him.

Edited by Papa Lazaru

If Sunderland are looking to him as their main striking threat then they are in deep trouble. At a push, I would say he could do a job in the Championship, but to me he looks all but finished.

from bbc.co.uk

:headphonedance:

T-Keith will be on shortly asking who the fuck Andy Cole is.

Joke!!! by the way Tom! :headphonedance:

Man City, Fulham and Portsmouth have all given him the boot. What can the Mackems possibly get from this?

We re-unite Smith and Viduka, they re-unite Yorke and Cole. Christ almighty!

Well they were pretty exceptional for that one season, I expect they might need mobility scooters to try and replicate it now though.

Think they're starting to look a bit out of their depth now. A long season ahead I reckon. They're quite fortunate to have 4 points already.