Owen committed to Magpies

bawan

Michael Owen has admitted he is growing tired of speculation linking him with a move away from Newcastle.

There have been reports about the England striker's future almost from the moment he joined The Magpies two years ago.

He has been linked with most of the Premier League's top clubs and concedes there is a release clause in his contract.

But Owen is adamant that he does not have an agenda against the club and is committed to staying in the North East.

"I've only been at Newcastle two years and the speculation's been unbelievable," he told the News of the World.

"At the end of every season, people were asking 'Is Michael Owen going to stay or not?'

"I live up there and my kids have been to school up there for two years. There is this perception that I divide my life between living in the North West and Newcastle.

"A lot think there's an agenda but there's not.

"There was a release clause in my contract that no one was supposed to be privy to but if people go and mention that I can't help it."