Louise Taylor

Guest Patrokles

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they were chanting that then they deserved to have Mido bait them tbf. I hate the way several hundred blokes can hurl any kind of abuse they fancy and expect the player to take it, yet a "hush" gesture can have them all wailing in outrage.

What was the chanting anyway? :D

Islamophobic is what the article said...

I wasn't there so I don't know if people were or weren't chanting that (although the fact that Mido was apparently so wound up would suggest maybe they were). My point is that I can't stand when fans get over-offended when someone reacts after being subjected to their abuse.

Same thing happened with the West Ham fans last year against Roeder. They were calling him "tumour boy" all afternoon, then threw their toys out of the pram when he applauded the Newcastle fans at the end of the match... :icon_lol:

Edited by Asprilla's foreskin

I think she's completely misread the chants and shown her own prejudices at the same time. Being a Sky era fan she won't know that both us and the Mackems have been taking the piss out of Boro for being choild abusers for a good 20 years. As I said his name rhymes so he got the abuse. Its then interesting that she sees accusation of paedophilia as "anti-arab" and "Islamophobic" which I think hides prejudice. either that or any insult to any Muslim is now based on his religion.

Mido jibes fury

By Simon Bird 27/08/2007

Gareth Southgate hit out at Newcastle fans last night after Egyptian striker Mido was taunted with sick chants.

Boro's £6million striker had to endure calls of "Mido is a Paedo" and "Mido, he's got a bomb, Mido" from the 3,000 travelling contingent.

The Egyptian star had to be told to calm down by Boro boss Southgate during the first half in which he scored. He celebrated by holding his finger to his lip to tell the Geordies to shut up, but that earned him a booking from referee Mike Dean.

Southgate said: "We had to get him to calm down a bit in the first half and after his goal he got booked. But I always find it strange that 3,000 people can abuse one person and nothing is done.

"When the boot is on the other foot he gets into trouble. In terms of civil liberties I find that a strange situation really."

Mido, 24, was so wound up by the chanting that during gaps in play he was gesturing to away fans by putting his finger to his lips to tell them to be quiet.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/200...89520-19692655/

I think she's completely misread the chants and shown her own prejudices at the same time. Being a Sky era fan she won't know that both us and the Mackems have been taking the piss out of Boro for being choild abusers for a good 20 years. As I said his name rhymes so he got the abuse. Its then interesting that she sees accusation of paedophilia as "anti-arab" and "Islamophobic" which I think hides prejudice. either that or any insult to any Muslim is now based on his religion.

I'm aware of the Middlesbrough child abuse scandal...not sure it's that defendable either tbh....

What was the chanting anyway? :razz:

I wasn't there so I don't know if people were or weren't chanting that (although the fact that Mido was apparently so wound up would suggest maybe they were). My point is that I can't stand when fans get over-offended when someone reacts after being subjected to their abuse.

Same thing happened with the West Ham fans last year against Roeder. They were calling him "tumour boy" all afternoon, then threw their toys out of the pram when he applauded the Newcastle fans at the end of the match... :blush:

"Islamophobia" is the greatest creation for muslim extremism since the suicide bomb.

You can label anything "Islamophobic" and get away with it, from outrage at suicide bomb atrocities, to Saudi Arabian flags on free footballs. :mellow:

It's like the racism trump card, nothing beats it and no substantiation is needed for its use.

(it's the philosophical equivalent of shouting "Pooey pants!!!" at someone then running away with your hands over your ears before they can rely)

Given the wave of Islamofacism sweeping around the world Islamofacists around the world much praise that "buzzword" from Allah every day.

Having said the singing "Mido, he's got a bomb" is a little harsh, but hardly the end of the world (and "Mido is a peado" is unfortunately just begging for it really), but as far as I'm aware no one was killed al la Turkey etc. (and of course my saying that [about Turkish footy and fans] can be happily labeled "Islamophobia", even though it's true and has nothing at all to do with Islam)

Same thing happened with the West Ham fans last year against Roeder. They were calling him "tumour boy" all afternoon, then threw their toys out of the pram when he applauded the Newcastle fans at the end of the match... :blush:

"Islamophobia" is the greatest creation for muslim extremism since the suicide bomb.

You can label anything "Islamophobic" and get away with it, from outrage at suicide bomb atrocities, to Saudi Arabian flags on free footballs. :mellow:

It's like the racism trump card, nothing beats it and no substantiation is needed for its use.

(it's the philosophical equivalent of shouting "Pooey pants!!!" at someone then running away with your hands over your ears before they can rely)

Given the wave of Islamofacism sweeping around the world Islamofacists around the world much praise that "buzzword" from Allah every day.

Having said the singing "Mido, he's got a bomb" is a little harsh, but hardly the end of the world (and "Mido is a peado" is unfortunately just begging for it really), but as far as I'm aware no one was killed al la Turkey etc. (and of course my saying that [about Turkish footy and fans] can be happily labeled "Islamophobia", even though it's true and has nothing at all to do with Islam)

It's another straw man argument. Nobody said that there aren't people who cry "Islamophobia" when it's not warranted, but if the crowd were alluding to terrorism because he's Egyptian (and possibly a Muslim) then it IS Islamophobic.

It's another straw man argument. Nobody said that there aren't people who cry "Islamophobia" when it's not warranted, but if the crowd were alluding to terrorism because he's Egyptian (and possibly a Muslim) then it IS Islamophobic.

It is insultingly stereotyping him personally certainly.

But is the peado one "peadophobic"?

Does referring to catholic school girls as "up for it" equal "Catholicophobia"?

Is singing insulting songs about Sunderland "Mackemophobic"?

Nope it's just a very useful "buzzword" to tar great swathes of anything people don't agree with (ironically supposedly what "Islamophobia" was allegedly dreamed up stand against).

Guest Patrokles

It's more the fact that Taylor has consistently shown anti-Newcastle sentiment, and a reading of that article clearly shows this, quite aside from her description of the chants.

Is it Islamaphobic to point out all Al Quaeda terrorists and the people in the taliban are islamic?

No, but it's islamophobic to infer that all muslims are terrorists.

Yet strangely it's fine to infer all white people are racist (and again ironically racist as well). ("Caucasianophobic"?)

Or that all men or sexist. ("XYobphobic"?)

Or to infer all British people alive today are some how responsible for the slave trade (never mind that Britain neither invented not control the historically longest slave markets, yet was responsible for stopping slavery on most of the planet)..... ok I can't think of an "ophobic" for that one. :mellow:

And most bizarrely of all it's "islamophobic" to criticize Islamic violent reaction to cartoons, when similar cartoons (not depicting Allah, but God, Jesus, Mary, Yahweh) are par for the course in Islamic tabloids.

And I'm not sure "whatophobic" it is to refer to ALL non-muslims as "kafir".

But that's all by the by really, they were just personally insulting him (I guess to "put him off" which is usually counter productive but then they'd not have been chanting that if they'd been deep thinkers I guess).

Sticks and stones >>>>>>> PCism.

Yet strangely it's fine to infer all white people are racist (and again ironically racist as well). ("Caucasianophobic"?)

Or that all men or sexist. ("XYobphobic"?)

Or to infer all British people alive today are some how responsible for the slave trade (never mind that Britain neither invented not control the historically longest slave markets, yet was responsible for stopping slavery on most of the planet)..... ok I can't think of an "ophobic" for that one. :mellow:

Since when has it been fine to infer those things? You're just making stuff up now.