Louise Taylor

Guest Patrokles

Not being sexist but it's clear that Marina and Louise just don't understand the terraces.

What absolute shite and even in an article that shy's away from several key factors of what may have caused this abuse she still manages to fabricate some shite and even bring in a totally unrelated event just to have a pop at the toon. ]

Mido's got a bomb" at the Egyptian striker, along with other Islamophobic abuse that somehow contrived to be even less artful.

Whats this then? Where did this come from?

Spiteful, hateful idiots. :lol:

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol:

Good grief.

The trouble is that this is an issue where you have to be INCREDIBLY careful to focus on the right detail. She (and others) clearly have an agenda to show how much more tolerant and caring THEY are and wish to paint others as being the problem.

I felt that too many people here were too quick to go for the wrong tack. The way to defend the "suicide bomber" chants would have been to say how much he looks like Richard Reid (which a lot of you did tbf) rather than saying how "white middle class" always gets it in the neck blah blah blah. Once you do that people like her have got you. If you stick to the lookalike angle ONLY, there is fuck all they can say about it. (Though admittedly it's not the brightest insult to throw around in these times).

Basically the bunch of morons singing it fucked up big time.

It happens everywhere in different ways, Tottenham = Yids etc,

Yet theres nothing ever done about it,

I mean i was at the huddersfield - bradford derby this year and you could hear ''your just a town full of pakis'' loud as fuck before you even got in the ground..

Just takes one biased mackem jouno to stir up all the clueless do gooders

They're making a very big issue out of something that is nowhere near on the scale that they're making it appear to be.

Peasepud hit the nail on the head by pointing out that its not as though the 'abuse' is aimed at every player from a racial minority.

Fuck's sake, terrace banter is all about prejudice of some sort and what happened on Sunday is hardly unprecedented? Had Mido not acted like the tit he did after scoring, no-one would have said a thing....

They're making a very big issue out of something that is nowhere near on the scale that they're making it appear to be.

Peasepud hit the nail on the head by pointing out that its not as though the 'abuse' is aimed at every player from a racial minority.

Fuck's sake, terrace banter is all about prejudice of some sort and what happened on Sunday is hardly unprecedented? Had Mido not acted like the tit he did after scoring, no-one would have said a thing....

No he didn't. That's not quite it. That theory would mean it's ok to abuse SOME black players if they "antagonise" the crowd. The more subtle point is that this argument has to be fought on "lookalike" grounds only. So hence "Fat Eddie Murphy" is perfectly ok. "Richard Reid" is ok. Anything else is too generic and therefore isn't excusable, especially when people are "looking" for a story.

I don't understand how Mido=bomber is Islamaphobic, personally. Would Emre (a turkish muslim) be offended by that? Or is it Arabaphobic (that's copywrighted btw)?

Religion had nothing to do with this...

Edited by newcastlebootboy

Precisely - its political correctness gone stupid combined with a stupid bint with a massive chip on her shoulder regarding NUFC who has no worthy news stories to print.

Sack the bitch tbh!

Precisely - its political correctness gone stupid combined with a stupid bint with a massive chip on her shoulder regarding NUFC who has no worthy news stories to print.

Sack the bitch tbh!

I actually see her as being out of order tbf... she is bringing attention to Mido's religion and the fact that he is Muslim. She is the one making the connection that Muslim=Bomber, not our supporters.

Edited by newcastlebootboy

I don't understand how Mido=bomber is Islamaphobic, personally. Would Emre (a turkish muslim) be offended by that? Or is it Arabaphobic (that's copywrighted btw)?

Muslim player + abuse about a bomb = Islamaphobia

Or at least that's how it looked on the face of it.

People have pointed out that it was because of his resemblance to Richard Reid though personally I'm not too sure how many of those chanting were aware of the resemblance, especially since it has been a while since Reid was in the media spotlight and since Mido has gotten his hair cut the resemblance is less.

Muslim player + abuse about a bomb = Islamaphobia

Or at least that's how it looked on the face of it.

People have pointed out that it was because of his resemblance to Richard Reid though personally I'm not too sure how many of those chanting were aware of the resemblance, especially since it has been a while since Reid was in the media spotlight and since Mido has gotten his hair cut the resemblance is less.

I understand. The point I was trying to make was that the issue really isn't about his religion (as much) as it is his ethnicity. Emre is muslim but he isn't arabic so would the taunts have affected him as much? Or maybe a player from South East Asia (I am aware that they have had their bombings as well)?

Islam wasn't even mentioned until Taylor's article.

[bad joke]It is just Louise Taylor and her jihad on NUFC![/bad joke]

Thought police get on my fuckin' wick.

Thought Policeman: 'Oooh, you mustn't think that. That is wrong. You're such a prol having those thoughts, y'know. Listen to me and my pals who know all there is to know about racism and how to interpret your actions/thoughts. We'll save you!'

Normal dude: 'Oh, I'm sorry. I couldn't help myself. I am a bad machine and I didn't know it.'

WANKAS

I actually see her as being out of order tbf... she is bringing attention to Mido's religion and the fact that he is Muslim. She is the one making the connection that Muslim=Bomber, not our supporters.

Again "Islamophobia" is a TOOL. (in this case also being used by a tool)

Usually it's used as a political bludgeon or misdirecting political smokescreen (kinda like how a squid pumps out a cloud of black ink and then make its escape in the confusion).

But in this case it's been used as a bludgeon to settle what I guess is a personal score (with a few others jumping on the bandwagon to sell papers/books etc).

Edited by Fop

Again "Islamophobia" is a TOOL. (in this case also being used by a tool)

Usually it's used as a political bludgeon or misdirecting political smokescreen (kinda like how a squid pumps out a cloud of black ink and then make its escape in the confusion).

But in this case it's been used as a bludgeon to settle what I guess is a personal score (with a few others jumping on the bandwagon to sell papers/books etc).

I agree.

What do you call a muslim bloke who flies a plane?

A pilot? :lol:

(Mohamed would statistically also be a good guess - but that would then clearly fall under the umbrella of "Islamophobia" :lol: )

A PILOT

The correct answer is (shouted at top of voice in a crowded room at the hesitant party) "A PILOT YOU FUCKING RACIST"

Parodying Fop's writing style is so two days ago.

A PILOT

The correct answer is (shouted at top of voice in a crowded room at the hesitant party) "A PILOT YOU FUCKING RACIST"

Parodying Fop's writing style is so two days ago.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. :lol:

good to the BBC taking my complaint seriously, looks like i'm only worthy of auto generated reply :lol:

=============================

Dear Karl

Thank you for your e-mail.

I note your concerns regarding 'Look North' on 28 August and the report on Middlesbrough v Newcastle game. Please be assured that your comments have been fully registered on our daily audience log. This internal document will be made available to the 'Look North' production team and Senior BBC Management.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to contact us.

Regards

Damian Whyte

BBC Informatio