Mido has a bomb, haha

Sever07

GARETH SOUTHGATE blasted the Toon boo-boys after Mido was subjected to sick terrorist taunts.

Boro’s new Egyptian striker was abused with chants of ‘Mido, he’s got a bomb you know’, after scoring his second goal for the club

He immediately gestured for the Geordies to ‘Shut it’ as he celebrated his 29th-minute finish — and was promptly booked by referee Mike Dean.

Boss Southgate fumed: “It’s OK for 3,000 to abuse one person. But when the boot is on the other foot, he gets punished.

“In terms of civil liberties, I find that very strange. After scoring the goal, we had to calm him down a bit

Mido, on the end of similar chants while playing for Tottenham, cancelled out Charles N’Zogbia’s 20-yard Newcastle opener.

The taunts cast a cloud over an otherwise stonking North-East derby, which saw Boro grab a point thanks to a late Julio Arca strike.

Southgate added: “I was delighted with the quality we showed, especially because a few of our players didn’t have the right to be on the pitch. Jonathan Woodgate was struggling yesterday with a migraine and Luke Young has hardly had a pre-season.

"I had no intention of playing Jonathan. But once Chris Riggott and Andrew Davies were ruled out, I had no choice.”

Toon boss Sam Allardyce was pleased with the overall show but upset at conceding twice.

He said: “It was a terrific performance but the way we let the goals in was out of order. We didn’t defend either of their goals very well.

“Mike Ashley certainly seemed to enjoy himself. He wants to move things forward, though not as quickly as I would like.”

Boro supremo Steve Gibson reckons his club are well shot of Mark Viduka, who hit the visitors’ second goal after 77 minutes.

Viduka claimed his drawn-out switch to St James’ Park was prompted by Gibson’s failure to hand him a new contract soon enough.

But Gibson hit back: “That’s not true. I was told very early it was about money and Mark would go to the highest bidder.”

Edited by MattM4

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The people who sang it are a disgrace to the club

he he desrved it he was telling the newcastle fans to shut it

Which came first then?

The terrorist chants were after Mido had celebrated his goal infront of our supporters and after he had stuck two fingers up to the away end. Not making excuses here, just pointing it out.

why? what makes it any different to the paedo songs? singing about drunken centre halfs? Posh Spice taking it up the arse? Beardsley being ugly? or every other chant that has taken place against specific players?

why? what makes it any different to the paedo songs? singing about drunken centre halfs? Posh Spice taking it up the arse? Beardsley being ugly? or every other chant that has taken place against specific players?

"Islamophobia" tbh. :mellow:

(actually not having an :allahwept" emoticon is also "Islamophobia", although ironically also having an :allahwept: emoticon is an insult ti Islam and therefore is ALSO "Islamphobis" :razz: )

Not that I'm saying singing that about him is the correct thing to do, but in the grand scheme of things it's not exactly an issue.

It is pretty funny, to be honest.

Why? Because he's a Muslim? Seriously, leaving out the fact that it's offensive it's neither witty nor funny in the least.

Nowt to do with his faith, but has a lot to do with his facial resemblance to Richard Wright (the shoe bomber)

Why? Because he's a Muslim? Seriously, leaving out the fact that it's offensive it's neither witty nor funny in the least.

Nowt to do with his faith, but has a lot to do with his facial resemblance to Richard Wright (the shoe bomber)

You mean Richard Reid? He does look a bit similar I'll grant you.

051121_mido_reid.jpg

Seems we're not the first set of fans to point this out.

Guest Patrokles
"haha" Aye, hilarious. :mellow:

Not that the chants were funny, but I think your sig. renders your opinion re. humour somewhat invalid.

You mean Richard Reid? He does look a bit similar I'll grant you.

051121_mido_reid.jpg

Seems we're not the first set of fans to point this out.

Aye Reid (oops), and as you say we're not by any stretch the first to point it out

Still take bananas to matches to throw at the black players?

:mellow:

Ignorace personified :razz:

so because I have an opinion that says I dont see how saying someone has a bomb is more insulting than saying someones wife is a slag makes me racist?

wanker

The other trump card. :razz:

Never mind Godwin's Law. :blush:

so because I have an opinion that says I dont see how saying someone has a bomb is more insulting than saying someones wife is a slag makes me racist?

wanker

And you're a fucking moron. :blush:

You seem to be a bit behind the times there pal. You'll cotton on in a decade or so... :razz:

Never mind Godwin's Law. :blush:

Are you seriously having difficulty seeing the connection between abusing someone's race and someone's religion?

Are you seriously having difficulty seeing the connection between abusing someone's race and someone's religion?

Nope, Im saying I have a difficulty in seeing the connection between saying someone has a bomb and them being Muslim? those who are making the connection are the very people who are shouting "racist". People have already pointed out that he bears a canny resemblance to a known terrorist, the fact that terrorist and himself are muslims is irrelevant. If we sang the same to an English player because he looked like Carlos the Jackal would that be racist?

And again, I ask you how you can assume I abuse black players with bananas?

Never mind Godwin's Law. :)

I'm seriously seeing the connection between the two current biggest "trump cards" that can be wheeled out with no proof or justification to "win" any argument (especially when there's is no other way to win it as it's built on sinking sand).

But yes there's a HELL of a difference between belief and race anyway, one is biology, the other is (whether they, you, I or anyone else likes it or not) just matter of OPINION.

Just because a LOT of people believe something doesn't mean it is right, nor does it mean it should be immune from criticism or even necessarily mockery.

Of course whether people should and would is a difference issue.

But personally I'd much rather live in a world where you were free to say ANYTHING, but everyone was too polite and reasonable to do so. Than to live in a world where most things are banned, but everyone is essentially a self centered ignorant bastard kept in control by fear not decency and reason.

And I'd really love a world where things like racism and "Islamophobic" weren't used as political and philosophical bludgeons in pretty much exactly the same way as a kid saying "Eeee if you don't do what I want you to... I'm telling TEACHER". :blush: