Mido has a bomb, haha

Sever07

I'd like to add that what southgate said may well be correct, but hes still an absolute dickhead, the hair style and his celebrations after the scoring of both goals kind of rubbed it in. Hes a cunt end of :mellow:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do a race is something someone is born to and is a genetic factor. religion is purely by choice. I don't care if I upset someone based on their imaginary friend.

I agree but sadly millions of people are "born into it" and have no choice under penalty of death. Its people who live in "free" countries and still choose it that deserve mockery.

Are you saying people who are religious should be mocked? :mellow:

I'm not religious as in I don't follow a particular religion but I respect those who wish to.

I would go even further and say all religions based on the old testament (of which Islam is one) have been told their faith will be tested. Therefore they should thank all those who mock their religion for fulfillinf a prophecy of said religion. And (bad grammar I know) anybody who reacts like Mido did are blatantly not religious enough and need to practise more.

Just because a LOT of people believe something doesn't mean it is right, nor does it mean it should be immune from criticism or even necessarily mockery.

There we have it, you believe it is ok to mock someone's beliefs. You sir are a fucking moron.

So you are saying muslims believe in bombing? because the chants were not mocking the muslim faith they were mocking bombers. Those that make the link in the way you have are in the wrong tbh.

I'm not talking specifically about the Mido case here and neither is Fop.

Well I was because they [the reporter] dragged "Islamophobia" into it, which is about a broad an generalisation as could possible be made on the issue and it still be deemed an insult.

No you weren't, you were talking about beliefs, it has already been established that Mido was getting shit because of his resemblance to Richard Reid not because of his beliefs, rendering the islamophobia arguement redundant in this case.

|

v

Listening to them persistently subject Mido, Middlesbrough's new Egyptian striker, to vile and ignorant Islamophobic abuse detracted from a compelling game that was dominated by Gareth Southgate's gloriously creative side.

:mellow: Let me repeat this yet again, we have established that the Mido incident was not islamophobia, I'm not talking about what some journo wrote.

Back tracking FTW.

Well if someone wants to start a thread in GC then perhaps it would be more suited in there but tbh Fop has once again worn me down with his amazing ability to bore to tears even the most enthusiastic poster.

Beating a hasty retreat FTL.

I do a race is something someone is born to and is a genetic factor. religion is purely by choice. I don't care if I upset someone based on their imaginary friend.

I agree but sadly millions of people are "born into it" and have no choice under penalty of death. Its people who live in "free" countries and still choose it that deserve mockery.

Are you saying people who are religious should be mocked? :mellow:

I'm not religious as in I don't follow a particular religion but I respect those who wish to.

I would go even further and say all religions based on the old testament (of which Islam is one) have been told their faith will be tested. Therefore they should thank all those who mock their religion for fulfillinf a prophecy of said religion. And (bad grammar I know) anybody who reacts like Mido did are blatantly not religious enough and need to practise more.

Eh? :razz:

Guest stevieintoon

I'm not one to look at things blindly through black and white glasses, but this whole episode is a disgrace, and we're not the biggest disgraces in this case.

Now I'm not condoning people chanting "Mido he's got a bomb you know", but it's no where near as serious as chucking banana's at black players and making monkey noises. This whole episode has been blow out of proportion, and the media hysteria has led to the point that the FA are investigating, and "may well" impose sanctions such as banning our away support for a while.

I'm absolutely disgusted, West Ham at every opportunity have chanted "shoe, shoe, shoe bomber" over the last two years at Mido, but because they're a LONDON CLUB, and the fact they're not as high profile as us, FUCK ALL is done. Yet because it's us, it's plastered over every fucking national newspaper, and the FA are "investigating". It's a classic example of the hypocrisy, and the definite us and them, mentality between north and south.

The thing is everybody is coming out in outrage at Mido's abuse, but the "he's got a bomb you know" chant, never even happened till he started waving his two fingers at us when he scored, yes he was branded a paedo, which isn't on wither but you don't stick two fingers up and do wanker signs in front of 3,000 pissed up away fans.

The utter patheticness of this situation is emphasised to me by the fact, Newcastle as well as Leeds and Sunderland have chanted you're just a town full of paedo's at the smogs for over 15 years, yet that has become tolerated, yet mention anything to do with terrorism and the book gets thrown. So what the authorities are basically saying here is it's alright to chant about sick child abuse, but mention terrorism and that's a line you can't cross, the whole thing fuckin stinks.

I'm not one to look at things blindly through black and white glasses, but this whole episode is a disgrace, and we're not the biggest disgraces in this case.

Now I'm not condoning people chanting "Mido he's got a bomb you know", but it's no where near as serious as chucking banana's at black players and making monkey noises. This whole episode has been blow out of proportion, and the media hysteria has led to the point that the FA are investigating, and "may well" impose sanctions such as banning our away support for a while.

I'm absolutely disgusted, West Ham at every opportunity have chanted "shoe, shoe, shoe bomber" over the last two years at Mido, but because they're a LONDON CLUB, and the fact they're not as high profile as us, FUCK ALL is done. Yet because it's us, it's plastered over every fucking national newspaper, and the FA are "investigating". It's a classic example of the hypocrisy, and the definite us and them, mentality between north and south.

The thing is everybody is coming out in outrage at Mido's abuse, but the "he's got a bomb you know" chant, never even happened till he started waving his two fingers at us when he scored, yes he was branded a paedo, which isn't on wither but you don't stick two fingers up and do wanker signs in front of 3,000 pissed up away fans.

The utter patheticness of this situation is emphasised to me by the fact, Newcastle as well as Leeds and Sunderland have chanted you're just a town full of paedo's at the smogs for over 15 years, yet that has become tolerated, yet mention anything to do with terrorism and the book gets thrown. So what the authorities are basically saying here is it's alright to chant about sick child abuse, but mention terrorism and that's a line you can't cross, the whole thing fuckin stinks.

Thats pretty much it in one tbh.

I'm not one to look at things blindly through black

[PC apologist mode on]

Stop being Islamophobic - as clearly you must be as the Koran states muslims cannot lie - unless it is in the defence of Islam of course, then Allah says it's fine.

So either you're lying or Allah is. :mellow:

[PC apologist mode off]

I'm not one to look at things blindly through black

[PC apologist mode on]

Stop being Islamophobic - as clearly you must be as the Koran states muslims cannot lie - unless it is in the defence of Islam of course, then Allah says it's fine.

So either you're lying or Allah is. :mellow:

[PC apologist mode off]

That better be Halal meat your chewing on :)

Haha Firefoxe's dictionary states Islamophobic isnt even a word :razz:

Guardiantastic :blush:

Edited by T-Keith