N'Zogbia: I'm Loving Life At Toon

bawan

CHARLES N'Zogbia says he is loving life at Newcastle United after firing his second goal of the season in Sunday's Tyne-Tees derby.

The French star has been in red hot form in the opening games of the new campaign and has arguably been the Magpies star performer as they remain unbeaten after three matches.

And, as N'Zogbia told Newcastle World TV in an exclusive interview after the game, he is more than happy to play in the new defensive role asked of him by Big Sam.

"It's a new position for me because usually I play left-midfield or in the centre but the manager has asked me to play left-back," said the 21-year-old.

"Last year was not a good year for me and if I play at the back it's not a problem because I am happy to play and be on the pitch."

N'Zogbia opened the scoring against Boro with a delightful, right-footed curler which found its way into Mark Schwarzer's top corner, and the former Le Harve youngster has set his sights on more goals in black and white colours.

"I've tried to take my chance and I'm happy it's gone in with my right-foot, hopefully I can continue to do more and to score more goals," he added.

"It was disappointing to lose the lead so soon after scoring both our goals and that was not good for us.

"We have to win games like that when we have the lead and it was disappointing not to get the three points.

"But we are unbeaten so far and that is good because it gives you confidence for the next game."

And N'Zogbia, who had been the subject of speculation linking him with a move away from Gallowgate during the summer, went on to state his happiness with life on Tyneside.

"I'm enjoying it in Newcastle. My friends are here and my sister and girlfriend are here and Newcastle is a great city and I'm very happy."