"Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo"

Happy Face

Aye but Chomsky was a fucking moron tbf.

I'm expecting Chomsky to post in the "most regretable thing you've done when pissed" thread regarding statements about grammar regarding North American mammals.

What about:

Bollocks bollocks Bollocks bollocks Bollocks bollocks Bollocks bollocks ?

Doesn't really work, Bollocks bollocks would Bollock Bollocks bollocks, not Bollocks them.

Edited by Happy Face

Aye but Chomsky was a fucking moron tbf.

I'm expecting Chomsky to post in the "most regretable thing you've done when pissed" thread regarding statements about grammar regarding North American mammals.

You'd fairly put some stuff in for a laugh like :mellow:

For any n ≥ 1, the sentence buffalo^n is grammatically correct (according to Chomskyan theories of grammar).

:mellow::razz:

Haha, that reminds me of catching some documentary about Fermat's last theorem in the middle of the night when I was 17. Didn't have a clue what was going on, but it was fascinating!

Surely must be on the web somewhere.

• 6 years later...

Yo, you ever hear how “Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo” is a workable sentence? It is. It means “Buffalo from Buffalo, New York, intimidate other Buffalo from Buffalo, New York.”

That’s got nothing on Yo. With the advent of the innovative new app Yo, which allows you to send the word “yo” to a friend, and some Baltimore slang, you can now construct a meaningful sentence with a string of nine yos.

Yo, yo’ yo-yo yo yo yo-yo, yo.

(1) The most common use of “Yo” is as an interjection, an all-purpose attention-grabber, or a greeting. It is sometimes used as the end of a statement for emphasis.

(2) Yo’ is short for “your.” Yo’ momma.

(3) A yo-yo is a toy invented in ancient Greece that experiences a resurgence in popularity whenever a new generation who isn’t bored with it yet comes along.

(4) A few years ago, “yo” emerged as a gender-neutral pronoun used by teenagers in Baltimore. “Yo is going to the store” would mean he/she/that person over there is heading to the store. This is the greatest contribution teenagers have made to society.

(5) To “yo” someone is to send them a yo on the Yo app.

Yo[1], yo’[2] yo-yo[3] yo[5] yo[4] yo-yo[3], yo[1].

So the translation into everyday English would be: “Hey, your yo-yo sends push notifications on the Yo app to that person’s yo-yo, man.”

You can even make it longer by simply adding as many initial yos as you want, like a rapper. “Yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo,” as Ghostface Killah once said.

Now, some of you may point out that yo-yos cannot send push notifications to other yo-yos on the Yo app. To that I say: not yet, yo.

https://medium.com/matt-bors/yo-yo-yo-yo-yo-yo-yo-yo-yo-is-a-grammatically-correct-sentence-f8952e557ab9

:lol: