Mido slams Newcastle drunks

Jimbo

Some moron will ALWAYS get "offended" at something (or at the very least fake "outrage" to further another agenda as this case so clearly shows).

I agree but that argument always gets trotted out as a defence from those who wish to continue doing what they are doing.

Such as living in a free and mostly non-oppressive country?

I don't think Mido is faking outrage by not wishing to be compared to a suicide bomber to be fair.

Er... if you read what he has SAID he's not "outraged" at all, just a lot of journalist being faux-"outraged" on "his" and "our" (so "everyones" I guess) behalf.

I said he's entitled to not be called a suicide bomber. You seem to think if we stop being allowed to say it that then we'll forego all civil liberties and be living under the equivalent of Sharia law, I simply disagree.

Oh a strawman. :mellow:

There are shades of grey in a democracy for very good reason - we just differ on which side of the line this particular incident is on.

If the person in question thinks it's "my" side of the line (and is more annoyed - rightly - at the yellow card - although if the version of events given by others is correct no so much) then what is there to argue about?

The people saying otherwise are the ones with papers to sell and axes to grind.

He's a sackless, lying fuckbag.

He was booked because the stewards in front of the away end were shitting themselves at the reaction to his decision to celebrate in front of us, then flick the Vs as he was walking back to the centre circle. If anyone had lost it and tried to get at him, those poor bastards would have been stuck right in the middle of it. I was in row 5, there was a surge down the set of stairs to my left, that could have turned nasty if he hadn't already started to move back to the pitch.

He was given abuse from the off, granted, but it definitely wouldn't have increased like it did after he scored, if he hadn't flicked the Vs and told the away end to shut up and fuck off. If he doesn't like it, tough shit, he needs to shrink his fucking ego.

High horse behaviour from other sets of fans is a fucking joke too. Funny how people forget that we were a 'town full of rapists' every other week, when a certain alleged roasting was under investigation. Nobody started crying about that.

.com got it spot on, tbh. Been blown way out of proportion.

Some moron will ALWAYS get "offended" at something (or at the very least fake "outrage" to further another agenda as this case so clearly shows).

I agree but that argument always gets trotted out as a defence from those who wish to continue doing what they are doing.

I don't think Mido is faking outrage by not wishing to be compared to a suicide bomber to be fair.

Er... if you read what he has SAID he's not "outraged" at all, just a lot of journalist being faux-"outraged" on "his" and "our" (so "everyones" I guess) behalf.

I said he's entitled to not be called a suicide bomber. You seem to think if we stop being allowed to say it that then we'll forego all civil liberties and be living under the equivalent of Sharia law, I simply disagree.

Oh a strawman. :razz:

There are shades of grey in a democracy for very good reason - we just differ on which side of the line this particular incident is on.

If the person in question thinks it's "my" side of the line (and is more annoyed - rightly - at the yellow card - although if the version of events given by others is correct no so much) then what is there to argue about?

:mellow:

Oh a strawman. :razz:

:mellow:

I thought so aye. :blush:

What was said to some 19 year old lass working for Setanta? They were on about it on the Legends before - sounds like some inappropriate carry-on was chanted at her, but they didn't say what.

"Get your tits out for the lads"

What was said to some 19 year old lass working for Setanta? They were on about it on the Legends before - sounds like some inappropriate carry-on was chanted at her, but they didn't say what.

:mellow: Is that it?! The way Slaven was going on, you would think someone had promised to rape her.

:mellow: Is that it?! The way Slaven was going on, you would think someone had promised to rape her.

Really? I've not listened to it, doesn't surprise me, the way they're going on about the whole thing you'd think they'd never been to a football match. It's the same every year actually. That was definitely the only thing sang at her.

Really? I've not listened to it, doesn't surprise me, the way they're going on about the whole thing you'd think they'd never been to a football match. It's the same every year actually. That was definitely the only thing sang at her.

He was just going on saying "The wee lassie from Setanta. What was said to her was FAR WORSE than what was said to Mido. Wee 19 year old lassie just trying to do her job. Doesn't deserve that blah blah".

Anyone going to ring the Legends and tell them if the Boro fans actually bothered to a) turn up for their self proclaimed biggest game of the season or b ) make some sort of noise while they were there, that you wouldn't have been able to hear our lot loud and clear.

As for 'Get your tits out for the lads', anyone at Bramall Lane last season? The catering lasses walked past our end about half a dozen times and on each occassion got a rousing reception of it. No mention of it at the time, but it is bandwagon time I suppose.

Anyone going to ring the Legends and tell them if the Boro fans actually bothered to a) turn up for their self proclaimed biggest game of the season or b ) make some sort of noise while they were there, that you wouldn't have been able to hear our lot loud and clear.

As for 'Get your tits out for the lads', anyone at Bramall Lane last season? The catering lasses walked past our end about half a dozen times and on each occassion got a rousing reception of it. No mention of it at the time, but it is bandwagon time I suppose.

Happens at every away game really.

NUFC fans: "Get your tits out..."

Boro fans: "Bet she was a looker in her day."

Edited by Sicklee Sausage Roll