Tuesday's gossip column

Scottish Mag

TRANSFER RUMOURS

Barcelona have insisted they do not want to sell Ronaldinho as the prospect him joining Chelsea fades away. (Times)

But Chelsea will offer £50m to clinch a deal for the Brazilian when officials of both clubs meet at Thursday's draw for the Champions League group stages. (Mirror)

A pay rise has kept striker Dimitar Berbatov happy at Spurs for the moment with Manchester United lurking. (Various)

Bolton are trying to use the same tactic to keep forward Nicolas Anelka at the Reebok as Manchester United, West Ham and Portsmouth chasing him. (The Sun)

Everton want midfielder Kevin Nolan from Bolton after missing out on Manuel Fernandes, although Middlesbrough are also interested in the midfielder.

West Ham have stepped up their bid for Reading left-back Nicky Shorey by bidding £5m for his services. (The Sun)

Aston Villa are set to seal a deal for Fulham central defender Zat Knight after refusing to pay £10m for West Brom's Curtis Davies. (The Sun)

But Villa will splash out £20m to land Spurs striker Jermain Defoe and Davies. (Daily Star)

Inter Milan forward Adriano has rejected a loan move to Manchester City, who will have to fork out £10m to sign him permanently. (Mirror)

Real Sociedad boss Chris Coleman is lining up a bid for Liverpool winger Harry Kewell. (Mirror)

Fulham want to give Stuttgart striker Daniel Luboja a trial. (Daily Mail)

OTHER GOSSIP

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez says he has no problem if midfielder Steven Gerrard plays for England in the upcoming Euro 2008 qualifiers - as long as the doctors say he is fit. (Various)

Arsenal keeper Jens Lehmann has had showdown talks with boss Arsene Wenger after he did not play against Manchester City. (Daily Star)

AND FINALLY

Chelsea star Ashley Cole bought his wife Cheryl a £150,000 Bentley but she turned it down because she felt she didn't earn it. (Various)

Chelsea star Ashley Cole bought his wife Cheryl a £150,000 Bentley but she turned it down because she felt she didn't earn it. (Various)

Cheryl didnt make him hard the gay bastard, no wonder she didnt earn it :mellow:

Don't care. I'm quite proud of the fact I don't really know who his wife even really is (some girl band?), probably recognise the face, but since my weekly subscription to Heat and Shite! lapsed and without 12+ hours a day of living TV who knows. :mellow:

Don't care. I'm quite proud of the fact I don't really know who his wife even really is (some girl band?), probably recognise the face, but since my weekly subscription to Heat and Shite! lapsed and without 12+ hours a day of living TV who knows. :razz:

Yeah, yeah :mellow: