Jeff Winter - Ban The Brown Ale-Addled Geordies

Scottish Mag

Don't email him, that's exactly what he's written that cobblers for. He'll have spent all day today checking his emails every 5 minutes and unfortunately he'll have no doubt been bombarded with them. Best thing to do would have been to deny him the attention he's always so desperately craved. He would have been phoning his ISP to check that his email wasn't fucked by teatime.

A quick excerpt from his autobiography:

“I had mixed feelings. On the one hand I wanted to finish the game a little early and get off the pitch before people saw big tough Jeff Winter in tears. Then again, I didn’t want the game to end. Liverpool were 4-0 up, so it was in my hands. Nobody would care either way. In the end I played a little bit extra, waiting until play was at the Kop end, before sounding the final shrill blast — a bit like the Last Post. The fans behind the goal burst into spontaneous applause. It was longer and louder than normal, even for a big home win. Did they know it was my final visit? Was the applause for me? They are such knowledgeable football people, that it would not surprise me.”

:mellow:

What. A. Twat. :razz:

Next time the Boro fans sing anything even vaguely off-color someone had better call up the national newspapers. Stop the presses!

As a Muslim, I am disappointed that our fans could sing a chant that is clearly anti-Muslim (anyone who denies this is quite deluded. Comparisons to "the shoe bomber" are feeble at best) and I would like to see much less of that in the future. BUT to suggest that our lot are in the same league as Leeds fans singing about Munich or any fans singing about Hillsborough is laughable and this moron can piss right off.

As a Muslim, I am disappointed that our fans could sing a chant that is clearly anti-Muslim (anyone who denies this is quite deluded. Comparisons to "the shoe bomber" are feeble at best) and I would like to see much less of that in the future. BUT to suggest that our lot are in the same league as Leeds fans singing about Munich or any fans singing about Hillsborough is laughable and this moron can piss right off.

Fulhams Papa Boupa Diop, Kolo Toure (Arsenal) and most recently Abdoulaye Faye & Nicolas Anelka turned out for Bolton against us yet there was no mention of bombs in any of those games. So how come we're deluded when we say its because he shares a resemblance to a well known bomber and not us all being anti-muslim?

Next time the Boro fans sing anything even vaguely off-color someone had better call up the national newspapers. Stop the presses!

I thought the 'peado' chants were much more distasteful.

Looking at it from a slightly different angle, our lot were singing 'he has got a bomb' or words to that effect, but didn't mention anything about race or religion.It has been other people that have made the link between the chanting and anti-muslimism not Newcastle supporters.

i.e. they are singing about bombs they must mean Muslims.I hardly think we would be singling out Muslims as one of our own is one.

It is terrorists that played the bomb- card not Muslims and terrorists come is assorted colours , religions and nationalities.

Although I was not there, I've been told that these chants came after Mido gave our lot the fingers for the peado references,Arca followed suit for makem chants.

This is the reason that Southgate didn't want to take it further, if that is brought to the F.A.s attention that could give the smoggies a lot of problems

We should boycott the riverside next time and hurt them in the pocket.

Edited by Dogmatix

Fulhams Papa Boupa Diop, Kolo Toure (Arsenal) and most recently Abdoulaye Faye & Nicolas Anelka turned out for Bolton against us yet there was no mention of bombs in any of those games. So how come we're deluded when we say its because he shares a resemblance to a well known bomber and not us all being anti-muslim?

tbf, I never knew any of them were muslim. I guess I won't be the only one as well.

Was it pants "islamophobic" (except of course in the context that if you try hard enough EVERYTHING is "islamophobic" - because it's a political bludgeon nothing else), especially if (as mentioned) it only occurred after he'd made gestures to the crowd (gestures that would get him a LOT more than a yellow card if true).

tbf, I never knew any of them were muslim. I guess I won't be the only one as well.

That was my point, neither did I (apart from Anelka) till I looked it up yet if we're all islamophobes then surely someone would have sussed it and sung at previous matches.

That was my point, neither did I (apart from Anelka) till I looked it up yet if we're all islamophobes then surely someone would have sussed it and sung at previous matches.

The fact is broadly in the UK a persons private religion isn't an issue unless they make it one (well except NI and some parts of Scotland, but even that isn't really about religion).

Although there's quite a few that do make it an issue of it, then start whining because it is an issue (as they made it).

What I could never understand was that if Newcastle vs Boro is seen a derby, which it never will be, then why was Smoggy Winter allowed to referee our matches?

Exactly. I was always of the opinion that he wasn't biased against us, he was just an awful referee, but having seen and heard a lot of stuff since he retired it seems he was a biased cunt after all.

Thankfully, times have moved on now. We live in a multi-racial society where every colour and creed display their skills in the Premiership, but not for the space-travelling Geordies. Their behaviour on Sunday at once dispelled the myth that they are the loveable army but instead put them near the bottom of the 'Scumbag' fans league table. They are now on a par with those who sing about 'ice on runways' and the like.

Surely if there's a 'scumbag league table' then logically, the biggest 'scumbags' would be at the top. Therefore, those near the bottom of the table - as Winter says - then we can't really be too much of a bunch of scumbags.

I've had it, I'm doing an article because I'm tired of us being kicked about this week.

I'm not denying that we have a small minority of morons, but that Smoggie dickhead is obviously naive enough to tar us all with the same brush without realising that ALL football clubs - including his beloved Middlesbrough (a small minority of whom came out with racist comments towards Bramble at SJP last year) have a small band of similar morons.

What I could never understand was that if Newcastle vs Boro is seen a derby, which it never will be, then why was Smoggy Winter allowed to referee our matches?

Exactly. I was always of the opinion that he wasn't biased against us, he was just an awful referee, but having seen and heard a lot of stuff since he retired it seems he was a biased cunt after all.

There is no derby rule. Imagine how that would restrict London based referees.