Boumsong to return to Prem?

Paul

LIVERPOOL LINKED WITH BOUMSONG

Posted 30/08/07 14:41

Liverpool's desperation for a central defender has reportedly seen then turn to the comic figure of Jean-Alain Boumsong.

Italian newspaper Tuttosport claims that Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez has made contact with Juventus about the former Newcastle 'defender'.

Liverpool are currently without the services of Jamie Carragher and have no cover beyond Daniel Agger and Sami Hyypia.

Boumsong is currently on the books of Juventus but has been made available for transfer after their promotion to Serie A.

Meanwhile; Tomas Ujfalusi's agent Pavel Paska has claimed that Liverpool made an enquiry about the availability of the Fiorentina defender.

However, Ujfalusi is only keen on a move to Spain and has reportedly turned down the enquiry.

"Liverpool have a problem as Jamie Carragher has picked up a serious injury," Paska told Sport.

"Manager Rafael Benitez together with the club director Ricky Parry have therefore asked me if I could address the offer to Tomas.

"Tomas has consulted it with his family and told me that he was happy with life in Italy and that the only country he would move to is Spain.

"I have to respect his decision, nevertheless it has surprised me a lot. Liverpool never give this offer twice to one player."

From Football365, so probably not true, but I'd love if it if was :lol:

Be just our luck that he signs for them and turns out to be awesome....

It would be :lol: , but I don't think it's likely. Looks like Juventus realised they'd been had too.