The official Deadline day transfer thread

Jimbo

Anyone know what number he got?

from .cock

HABIB BEYE

LIKE Senegal team-mate Faye, Habib signed for the Magpies in the final minutes of the August window.

The 29-year-old penned a three-year deal at Gallowgate and completed Big Sam's summer acquisitions.

The Marseille skipper actually played against United in both legs of the 2004 UEFA Cup semi-final, the French side winning through to the final thanks to a Didier Drogba brace at the Stade Velodrome.

Beye, who appeared for Sengal at the 2002 World Cup, is eqaully comfortable in either the right-back or centre-back position.

He will take the number twenty-one shirt.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know what number he got?

from .cock

HABIB BEYE

LIKE Senegal team-mate Faye, Habib signed for the Magpies in the final minutes of the August window.

The 29-year-old penned a three-year deal at Gallowgate and completed Big Sam's summer acquisitions.

The Marseille skipper actually played against United in both legs of the 2004 UEFA Cup semi-final, the French side winning through to the final thanks to a Didier Drogba brace at the Stade Velodrome.

Beye, who appeared for Sengal at the 2002 World Cup, is eqaully comfortable in either the right-back or centre-back position.

He will take the number twenty-one shirt.

Added him into PES and he got 21 automaticaly. :razz:

Nobby's let us down in my eyes, not only has he fucked off for no good reason..........................

Bollocks, he's fucked off for the best reason in the world, to be closer to his children. There is no better reason than I can think of. His wife left him for whatever reason and took his kids to London, more power to Nobby for wanting to be nearer to them.

No way, "Bollocks" is the fact that at his time in his career he couldn't have put it off for a couple more seasons. Nobby was one of my favourites but he's let us down by moving. Using his kids as an excuse is poor, as if he/they couldn't commute for a couple of years? It's that attitude that's fucked up a load of footballers these days.

So you're telling me if your family was at one end of the country and you were at the other and there was a job that paid just aswell right next to your family you wouldn't move?

Fuck off, man :razz:

There's other things to take in to consideration - loyalty and the length of a footballer's career. I can see what you're getting at but it seems like a pointless upheaval to me for 2 years in the grand scheme of such a short career.

Loyalty to who. The people who pay your wages, the people who cheer or boo you, or the children you brought into this world?

The length of a footballers career can prove to be a damn sight longer than the lives of some children who leave this world through sickness, accidents, even murder. It's a question of priorities in a person's mind isn't it. In Nobby's mind he's done the right thing for his children and he's to be commended for that.

Nobby's let us down in my eyes, not only has he fucked off for no good reason..........................

Bollocks, he's fucked off for the best reason in the world, to be closer to his children. There is no better reason than I can think of. His wife left him for whatever reason and took his kids to London, more power to Nobby for wanting to be nearer to them.

No way, "Bollocks" is the fact that at his time in his career he couldn't have put it off for a couple more seasons. Nobby was one of my favourites but he's let us down by moving. Using his kids as an excuse is poor, as if he/they couldn't commute for a couple of years? It's that attitude that's fucked up a load of footballers these days.

So you're telling me if your family was at one end of the country and you were at the other and there was a job that paid just aswell right next to your family you wouldn't move?

There's other things to take in to consideration - loyalty and the length of a footballer's career. I can see what you're getting at but it seems like a pointless upheaval to me for 2 years in the grand scheme of such a short career.

Loyalty to who. The people who pay your wages, the people who cheer or boo you, or the children you brought into this world?

The length of a footballers career can prove to be a damn sight longer than the lives of some children who leave this world through sickness, accidents, even murder. It's a question of priorities in a person's mind isn't it. In Nobby's mind he's done the right thing for his children and he's to be commended for that.

If all talk about Nobbys personal life is true, his wife wouldn't have fucked off down south in the first place and he would not be going running after her.

Nobby has been my favourite player for many years now and easily the most technically gifted player we have had in recent seasons but (again if true) why shouldn't we think we have been shafted out of one of our best players by his off the park behaviour. If it was Dyer, Bellamy, JJ etc they would be getting no end of abuse on here...

If all talk about Nobbys personal life is true, his wife wouldn't have fucked off down south in the first place and he would not be going running after her.

Nobby has been my favourite player for many years now and easily the most technically gifted player we have had in recent seasons but (again if true) why shouldn't we think we have been shafted out of one of our best players by his off the park behaviour.

I don't think he is running after her, I think he wants to be nearer to his children and I can't fault him for that. I have been somewhat in his shoes and know where's its at.

I was split from my first wife and she had custody of the children. I was offered a very lucrative job with a boat company in Italy but turned it down as there was no way I was going to be too far away from my kids who were with me every weekend. Funnily enough, after been divorced for 4 years I got custody and became a single father, sometimes things work out alright.

I've always been a great admirer of Nobby as a Newcastle player, he's made some off the park mistakes but he hasn't left us for money, gain, or glory as some do. I'm sorry he's gone but I think he left for the right reasons.