Blockbuster

Jusoda Kid

In a nutshell, went on the months free trial with them, cancelled 5 days before time was up, sent my DVDs back, went on holiday. Came off holiday the bastards had sent me an e-mail acknowledging my cancellation request followed by another e-mail saying they'd sent my new dvd's out, sure enough they were in the passage with the other post, now they've took the £15 for a months rental.

Just totally lost the plot with the fuckas on the phone, feel like nutting the face off someone. Not about the 15 notes it's the fact these slimey bastards have robbed me, probably done the same to everyone that went on the free trial :lol:

In a nutshell, went on the months free trial with them, cancelled 5 days before time was up, sent my DVDs back, went on holiday. Came off holiday the bastards had sent me an e-mail acknowledging my cancellation request followed by another e-mail saying they'd sent my new dvd's out, sure enough they were in the passage with the other post, now they've took the £15 for a months rental.

Just totally lost the plot with the fuckas on the phone, feel like nutting the face off someone. Not about the 15 notes it's the fact these slimey bastards have robbed me, probably done the same to everyone that went on the free trial :lol:

Who you gonna nut, there's only 4 year olds and younger in your height range and nutting bairns is just not on!

If those genuinely are all of the salient facts (and you haven't nutted anyone's bairn yet) then theres no reason why they shouldnt refund you the £15.

They don't do refunds apparently

They don't 'do' your statutory rights then apparently, which you might want to point out to them is completely illegal.

Wacky - why didnt you ring your bank and instruct them not to let blockbuster take any further payments?

Why should he have to tbf?

It's the same with all these deals, they hope you forget to cancel or they just rip you off anyway. I reckon the onus should be on them to ask if you want to continue.

Wacky - why didnt you ring your bank and instruct them not to let blockbuster take any further payments?

It's the same with all these deals, they hope you forget to cancel or they just rip you off anyway. I reckon the onus should be on them to ask if you want to continue.

Not a bad idea that actually, Judge John Deed. Our consumer protection laws are pretty good for the most part but that might represent an improvement for certain types of contract.

Wacky's been sold down the river here like. The lad's clearly discharged his responsibilities under the conditions and they've just decided to help themselves to his sponds anyway. Justice for the Byker one half tbh!

Just totally lost the plot with the fuckas on the phone, feel like nutting the face off someone. Not about the 15 notes it's the fact these slimey bastards have robbed me, probably done the same to everyone that went on the free trial :razz:

Dont send the DVDs back then et viola, however many DVDs for 15 notes.

Just totally lost the plot with the fuckas on the phone, feel like nutting the face off someone. Not about the 15 notes it's the fact these slimey bastards have robbed me, probably done the same to everyone that went on the free trial :razz:

Dont send the DVDs back then et viola, however many DVDs for 15 notes.

Aye, keep the DVD's until they give you a refund.

I like it just the way it is personally, if you had to agree to subscribe after the free trial, the number of free trials offered would quickly dwindle.

Wacky, it's not important when you cancelled, but when you returned the DVDs you had. If you cancelled then delayed returning them, or they got delayed in the postal strikes, then they've not breached the T&C's.

If the other lot of DVD's they sent out were dispatched within 7 days of the end of your trial, then you're due a refund.

YOU MUST CANCEL YOUR SUBSCRIPTION PRIOR TO THE END OF ANY FREE TRIAL PERIOD IN ORDER TO AVOID ANY CHARGES BEING APPLIED TO YOUR CHOSEN CREDIT OR DEBIT CARD. You may notify Us of your wish to cancel your Subscription Package at any time within the Free Trial Period. If you choose to cancel your subscription during the Free Trial Period, you must return all Rental DVDs in your possession within seven (7) days of the end of the Free Trial Period, in the prepaid envelopes. Your cancellation is effective once you have returned to Us in accordance with these Terms all Rental DVDs that We have provided to you. If you fail to return any Rental DVDs to Us within seven (7) days of the end of the Free Trial Period We shall be entitled to charge you the appropriate Subscription Package Charge until you return all Rental DVDs to Us. If you cannot return the Rental DVDs to Us in accordance with these Terms (for example, because they are lost or damaged) please contact the Blockbuster Customer Services Team (See Customer Queries and Complaints below). We will email you to confirm cancellation of your Subscription Package. All references to return or returned in these Terms mean that We need to have received such items. For further information about Our cancellation policy and returning Rental DVDs please see Return of Rental DVDs, Cancelling or Suspending the Subscription Service and Care and Ownership - Rental DVDs lost in the post below.

I like it just the way it is personally, if you had to agree to subscribe after the free trial, the number of free trials offered would quickly dwindle.

Wacky, it's not important when you cancelled, but when you returned the DVDs you had. If you cancelled then delayed returning them, or they got delayed in the postal strikes, then they've not breached the T&C's.

If the other lot of DVD's they sent out were dispatched within 7 days of the end of your trial, then you're due a refund.

YOU MUST CANCEL YOUR SUBSCRIPTION PRIOR TO THE END OF ANY FREE TRIAL PERIOD IN ORDER TO AVOID ANY CHARGES BEING APPLIED TO YOUR CHOSEN CREDIT OR DEBIT CARD. You may notify Us of your wish to cancel your Subscription Package at any time within the Free Trial Period. If you choose to cancel your subscription during the Free Trial Period, you must return all Rental DVDs in your possession within seven (7) days of the end of the Free Trial Period, in the prepaid envelopes. Your cancellation is effective once you have returned to Us in accordance with these Terms all Rental DVDs that We have provided to you. If you fail to return any Rental DVDs to Us within seven (7) days of the end of the Free Trial Period We shall be entitled to charge you the appropriate Subscription Package Charge until you return all Rental DVDs to Us. If you cannot return the Rental DVDs to Us in accordance with these Terms (for example, because they are lost or damaged) please contact the Blockbuster Customer Services Team (See Customer Queries and Complaints below). We will email you to confirm cancellation of your Subscription Package. All references to return or returned in these Terms mean that We need to have received such items. For further information about Our cancellation policy and returning Rental DVDs please see Return of Rental DVDs, Cancelling or Suspending the Subscription Service and Care and Ownership - Rental DVDs lost in the post below.

I posted the DVD's on the Tuesday if I remember rightly and cancelled on the Friday, they had them back. As it happens they still haven't taken anything from my account :razz: