Huntington signs for Leeds?

Scottish Mag

Newcastle United central defender Paul Huntington has joined United for an undisclosed fee.

Paul becomes the second signing of transfer deadine day, following goalkeeper Alan Martin, who completed his move from Motherwell on Friday morning.

Carlisle-born Paul, who turns 20 on September 17, has featured 11 times for Newcastle United.

Paul, who won the Jackie Milburn Trophy in the summer of 2005, an award given to the most promising young players in the north east, made his Toon debut last season and scored his only goal for the club against Tottenham in January.

Highly-rated Paul started out with Newcastle's Academy - he joined up with the first team squad for their Intertoto matches in 2005 - and has represented England at under-18 level.

Paul will provide much-needed cover and competition for Rui Marques and Matt Heath at the heart of the defence.

http://www.leedsunited.com/page/NewsroomDe...1103747,00.html

Good move for both parties IMO

I didn't rate him highly by his performances from last season. It's the best for him to start his real career as soon as he can, and he has a good chance to become a good Championship defender.

always looked to me like a lost youngster among men. Poor lad was played at left back for us way too often though, hope he has a long and healthy career now =) Edgar looked far more commanding to me also and I hope if we let him go then it is on loan...

Felt that he was one of the better kids coming through the youth system. Shame he's gone IMO - a loan deal would have been a much better option.

Its enough to make you wonder what exactly is the point of the youth academy ??

Didnt sam recently say that none of the clubs youth players wre offered contracts and were all released?

We know sam has a good coaching and scouting setup so maybe they dont think any of our youngsters will make the grade.

Probably too slow to ever compete properly at Premiership level.

You don't have to be the quickest to play at Centre Half, just look at the likes of Stubbs, Weir and Pressley

They're hardly world beaters, though.

no but they are 'premiership level'. Do we have ANY world beaters at this club?? nah didnt think so

You don't have to be the quickest to play at Centre Half, just look at the likes of Stubbs, Weir and Pressley

no but they are 'premiership level'. Do we have ANY world beaters at this club?? nah didnt think so

Define the term "world beater".

:lol:

I think Sam and his staff might have let him go because of his build. Although he was tall enough he seemed to have quite a slight physique. Allardyce seems to prefer more physically imposing specimens. As someone said, with Beye, Faye, Capaca, Rozi, Taylor and Enrique he is building a back line of Terminators.

Which part of it are you struggling with? :razz:

"Beat".

perhaps you shouldn't have used the phrase then if you need it defined for you

I do know what it means.

Perhaps you shouldn't talk if you're such an idiot.

define idiot :icon_lol:

Guest Patrokles
I think Sam and his staff might have let him go because of his build. Although he was tall enough he seemed to have quite a slight physique. Allardyce seems to prefer more physically imposing specimens. As someone said, with Beye, Faye, Capaca, Rozi, Taylor and Enrique he is building a back line of Terminators.

Rozenhal is of slight build too, though.

Which part of it are you struggling with? :razz:

"Beat".

perhaps you shouldn't have used the phrase then if you need it defined for you

I do know what it means.

Perhaps you shouldn't talk if you're such an idiot.

define idiot :icon_lol:

Idiot \Id"i*ot\, n. [F. idiot, L. idiota an uneducated, ignorant, ill-informed person, Gr. ?, also and orig., a private person, not holding public office, fr. ? proper, peculiar. See Idiom.]

1. A man in private station, as distinguished from one holding a public office. [Obs.]

St. Austin affirmed that the plain places of Scripture are sufficient to all laics, and all idiots or private persons. --Jer. Taylor.

2. An unlearned, ignorant, or simple person, as distinguished from the educated; an ignoramus. [Obs.]

Christ was received of idiots, of the vulgar people, and of the simpler sort, while he was rejected, despised, and persecuted even to death by the high priests, lawyers, scribes, doctors, and rabbis. --C. Blount.

3. A human being destitute of the ordinary intellectual powers, whether congenital, developmental, or accidental; commonly, a person without understanding from birth; a natural fool; a natural; an innocent.

Life . . . is a tale Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, Signifying nothing. --Shak.

4. A fool; a simpleton; -- a term of reproach.

Weenest thou make an idiot of our dame? --Chaucer.

5. zico martin.