Newcastle 1 v 0 Wigan?

Noelie

To be very truthful, as the 2nd half progressed and we were playing against 10 men my confidence in Wigan pulling off a draw, even a win, was growing, and growing.

Dominating the game, so much possesion, so many chances, so many missed chances, it was looking like we just couldn't buy a goal for love nor money and we would end up with the short end of the stick again.

86th minute we finally score, what a fucking relief. We were the better team, we deserved the win, thank god for the 3 points, but BLOODY 'ELL.

I am hoping this is the team building confidence in each other, and as they get to know each other the finishing and build up will get better. All in all though our best start to a season for quite a while..... makes a change not to be fighting our way up from the bottom of the table at the beginning of each season

To be very truthful, as the 2nd half progressed and we were playing against 10 men my confidence in Wigan pulling off a draw, even a win, was growing, and growing.

Dominating the game, so much possesion, so many chances, so many missed chances, it was looking like we just couldn't buy a goal for love nor money and we would end up with the short end of the stick again.

86th minute we finally score, what a fucking relief. We were the better team, we deserved the win, thank god for the 3 points, but BLOODY 'ELL.

You want to have been there. :razz:

The other difference, for me at least, is how much I wanted us to win yesterday. Since Souness came I have been so dismayed that I really was never that bothered. Under the new regime, I finally have hope and really believe we can go somewhere. It's a great feeling.

The good thing now is you never get the feeling we're going to f*ck things up. Wigan fans have that to deal with now. The new look defence inspires me with confidence. The midfield looks solid, it's just a case of finding the right blend up front. The main thing is we have options, but all of the strikers (apart from Shola) i rate quite highly. Roll on Derby!

Too good for official match threads, eh? :icon_lol:

... that's what I thought too, very strange :razz:

What is "too good" and "very strange" about starting a new topic??

Especially one that expresses your thoughts and feelings that you want to bring to attention and not be buried in page after page of diversified comments in an "official match thread"

After all, no one is obliged to, or duty bound, to read or make comments to anything posted on this forum.