Steve McClaren

Kevin Carr's Gloves

In my opinion I think McClaren was a bad choice to begin with, did not have a very good track record as a manager, and had little to offer other than he was cloned in the Eriksson mold.

I think he will be around a while as the powers that be seem to have a history of not admitting to mistakes and are reticent in taking action to correct their mistakes.

The idea of sackin mclaren is great in theory, but when the come knocking at big sam's door i wont be best pleased

He'd tell them to piss off to be fair, IMO. Firstly because he's just starting a big job here at the toon and secondly because he was really pissed off with them at the time for ignoring him and choosing others ahead of him when he felt he was the best candidate.

The idea of sackin mclaren is great in theory, but when the come knocking at big sam's door i wont be best pleased

He'd tell them to piss off to be fair, IMO. Firstly because he's just starting a big job here at the toon and secondly because he was really pissed off with them at the time for ignoring him and choosing others ahead of him when he felt he was the best candidate.

I think he will see it through with us.

Foreign managers are best of the England job. English managers are pretty average on the whole.

they'd struggle to get someone at the moment without going foreign which I don't think they're going to do for a while despite calling a few foreign managers up last time for interview I always doubted the FA were doing it for anything more than show

should've chosen scolari

they'd struggle to get someone at the moment without going foreign which I don't think they're going to do for a while despite calling a few foreign managers up last time for interview I always doubted the FA were doing it for anything more than show

should've chosen scolari

they did choose scolari didn't they?

should've chosen scolari

Yeah but Scolari chose life.

should've chosen scolari

They should've chose harder :razz:

I don't see what's wrong with Heskey being recalled at this particular time. He has played soooo many times with Michael Owen and his recent form in the EPL is pretty good in terms of his overall displays. THese are such important games, and I wouldn't trust the likes of Andy Johnson, Defoe and Nugent alongside Owen. People make a big deal about Heskey, what a donkey etc like some of us do for Ameobi. They are easy targets because they don't play the most attractive football and don't look all that comfortable at times. On form, both players would trouble any team in the premiership. I'd love Emile to do really well for England to prove that he can still do it at the top, and I'll be right behind him and the rest of the team and the manager come Saturday.

I don't see what's wrong with Heskey being recalled at this particular time. He has played soooo many times with Michael Owen and his recent form in the EPL is pretty good in terms of his overall displays. THese are such important games, and I wouldn't trust the likes of Andy Johnson, Defoe and Nugent alongside Owen. People make a big deal about Heskey, what a donkey etc like some of us do for Ameobi. They are easy targets because they don't play the most attractive football and don't look all that comfortable at times. On form, both players would trouble any team in the premiership. I'd love Emile to do really well for England to prove that he can still do it at the top, and I'll be right behind him and the rest of the team and the manager come Saturday.

+1

except the bit about loving emile to do well, I wouldnt go that far like!

How is Ameobi any worse than Heskey? I don't think either are particularly bad, but not England standard players. Ameobi at least has played alongside Heskey recently. Instead however, they should be looking at young fresh talent like Agbonlahor, for example.

How is Ameobi any worse than Heskey? I don't think either are particularly bad, but not England standard players. Ameobi at least has played alongside Heskey recently. Instead however, they should be looking at young fresh talent like Agbonlahor, for example.

I'd back Shola to score 5 for England in 44 games or whatever it was Heskey "achieved" doesn't mean he should be in the team like! Heskey showed time and again he was nowhere near international class, so how years down the line when he's worse he gets a reacall is beyond me, until you remember its Mclaren making the call! Unles i've missed Heskey single handedly destroying prem defences up and down the country the last 3 years.

Allardyce will crawl over broken glass to get the England job. Should it become available he wouldn't think twice about saying yes.

Fancy a bet, with the loser say getting an IP ban!

Seriously though, i think he'll take pleasure in telling them to shove it if they came calling, i think people underestimate how much he was sick at their decision and won't forgive them.

Also i think he really is happy a the chance he has here to really show what he can do at club level as he was always frustrated at Bolton never being able to match his ambitions.

Poisoned chalice and all that....England players are just too stupid as a group to really do well...I mean they're not even 'cunning' like the Italians or readers of the game like the Argies...

Just a bunch of overpaid, overlaid, overrated donkey's really.

Even if you look at Rooney who is gifted, when the pressure is on he reverts to type.

I honestly don't think BSA would work at England. He seems to thrive on being around the players all of the time and I think that would be wasted at international level.

Agreed, I thought this at the time in fact, as I recall, I made this exact point in a thread regarding the choosing

I hear if another centrehalf goes down McClown is going to ask Jack Charlton if he's still got his boots. Had him scouted in the 'Old Lions' advert.

He's probably looking at playing a few of the world cup winning team, including Bobby Moore!