N'Zogbia gets France call up.

Jimbo

CHARLES N'Zogbia's sparkling early season form has been rewarded by a call-up for France U21s.

The Newcastle United starlet has been named in the squad for the forthcoming qualifiers for the 2009 European U21 Championships against Wales in Grenoble on Friday and away to Malta in Valetta on Wednesday week.

The call-up is richly deserved for Charles, who has already netted twice in the Premier League this season. He got our 2007/08 season off to a flying start when he opened the scoring in a 3-1 win at Bolton.

And he followed that up with a sensational strike in the 2-2 draw at Middlesbrough. Charles has started the season at left-back and his ability to adapt to a new position has certainly impressed boss Sam Allardyce.

Charles' call up means Newcastle United now have no fewer than 12 players away with their respective countries during the international break.

The Euro 2008 qualifiers see Michael Owen and Alan Smith on England duty against Israel and Russia, while Emre (Turkey), David Rozehnal (Czech Rep) and Shay Given (Ireland) are also involved in tournament matches too.

Changing continents, and the African Nations Cup has qualifiers that involve new boy Abdoulaye Faye (Senegal), Obafemi Martins (Nigeria) and Geremi (Cameroon).

Dropping down from the senior squads, James Milner and Steven Taylor are again on England U21duty, while Andy Carroll - currently on loan at Preston North End - is in the England U19 squad.

Er - this is the younguns, isnt it? Not the senior squad?

The clue is in the opening 2 lines

CHARLES N'Zogbia's sparkling early season form has been rewarded by a call-up for France U21s.

The Newcastle United starlet has been named in the squad for the forthcoming qualifiers for the 2009 European U21 Championships against Wales

:razz:

The Newcastle United starlet has been named in the squad for the forthcoming qualifiers for the 2009 European U21 Championships against Wales

Then why is everyone jizzing themselves? i dont get it. :icon_lol:

Then why is everyone jizzing themselves? i dont get it. :icon_lol:

Nee one is jizzing themselves, just happy that he's finally got the call up he's deserved for a long, long time.

He deserves it on his start to this season, he's now looking like the player i remember from 2 years ago before several factors (Roeder, death of his father and perhaps his own attitude to an extent) made him look shot to pieces.

He will be a very important player for us this season because he has pace and control and can run past defenders and that turns games, all defenders hate facing that kind of player. Also could chip in with soem vital goals as well.

He deserves it on his start to this season, he's now looking like the player i remember from 2 years ago before several factors (Roeder, death of his father and perhaps his own attitude to an extent) made him look shot to pieces.

He will be a very important player for us this season because he has pace and control and can run past defenders and that turns games, all defenders hate facing that kind of player. Also could chip in with soem vital goals as well.

.....and to think Rodent nearly pushed him out of the club. :razz:

.....and to think Rodent nearly pushed him out of the club. :razz:

If Roeder were still here then Zog and martins would both have walked and i bet Owen would have been right behidn them if anybody matched the release clause in his contract. And then of course to solve the defensive problems Roeder wouyld have bought a winger and a striker!

.....and to think Rodent nearly pushed him out of the club. :icon_lol:

If Roeder were still here then Zog and martins would both have walked and i bet Owen would have been right behidn them if anybody matched the release clause in his contract. And then of course to solve the defensive problems Roeder wouyld have bought a winger and a striker!

....or shit bald players the crowd fall in love with... :razz:

I thought he'd been in the U21s before? :razz:

Given the thread I was with Laz and thinking it was for the senior squad...

He got called up but the French FA made the coach drop him due to the ongoing legal battle between us and Le Harve