Allardyce hails double deal

bawan

Sam Allardyce believes Newcastle have done a great piece of business in landing Habib Beye and Abdoulaye Faye for a combined £4million.

The former Bolton boss signed the pair on deadline day to bolster The Magpies' squad before the close of the transfer window.

Allardyce feels Faye's versatility will come in handy, while former Marseille captain Beye is a natural born winner.

"It's extremely great value for money for the pair of them," he told the Evening Chronicle. "In today's over-inflated market, all our business has been excellent.

"Faye's going to give us something that we need in the team, both as a centre-half and as a central midfield player.

"I've been chasing Beye - who was captain of Marseille - for a long, long time, and finally I've got him.

"He's just a pure athlete. There's a lot of ability and desire and determination as a human being - not just as a footballer - to be successful."

The only transfer Allardyce would rather not have done was to allow Nolberto Solano to join West Ham to be nearer his family.

"I'm reasonably satisfied at what we have been able to do in the transfer market in the summer," he continued.

"The only disappointing one for me was Nobby, but in the end it was the right thing to do.

"He needed to be with his wife and kids, who have moved to London. West Ham are a big club as well."

The way Big Sam has ripped the squad up and completely rebuilt it on relatively nothing by todays standards is worthy of alot of credit. I think come January he should be rewarded with the cash to make a couple of real quality signings to push us forward to the end of the season.

When you think even the mackems have spent nearly £40m, and Spurs appear to have spent a record ammount to get worse than they were before!

I think this seasons deals are nothing short of remarkable. When watching SSN today, it was interesting to see us no longer in the 5 biggest spenders. I think come January if we're challenging on both cup fronts and the league, a couple of very good signings would stand us in good stead in the run in. Then come next summer with hopefully a spot in Europe will come even better signings.

I think this seasons deals are nothing short of remarkable. When watching SSN today, it was interesting to see us no longer in the 5 biggest spenders. I think come January if we're challenging on both cup fronts and the league, a couple of very good signings would stand us in good stead in the run in. Then come next summer with hopefully a spot in Europe will come even better signings.

i hope you're right but we havent played anyone good yet!

no scrub that i'm feeling confident as well

:razz:

Allardyce "Really don't give a fuck about Dyer" would have been a better title :razz:

Getting shut of that watser was probably the best bit of business he has done..... better WH to pay for him to sit on a treatment table than us, he was one of the highest earners here...

I've always wanted us to go for experienced, but reasonably priced players from the continent - people like Rozenahl and Beye. And I've never understood why even Robson preferred to waste money on massively overhyped and overpriced English players instead. Allardyce has done really well so far.

I think if you look at our signings and the total outlay its proof that BS is one of if not THE best wheeler dealer there is. They are going to bring a lot to the table this season.

Defenders Out.............Bramble,Huntington,Moore,Onyewu basicly a bunch of second rate players who would struggle to get in most premiership teams,net gain £500k

Defenders In...............Rozey(Looks solid,proven international) Cacapa(Cant fault this fella,composed,proven winner)Beye(Good solid player,former captain)

Enrique( Great spanish prospect,popular with Villarreal fans) Net cost £13m

Midfielders Out............Dyer(Inconsistant,poor attitude,injury prone) Parker (Started well,limited ability)Luque(Did nowt)Nobby (great player,loved the little guy,will be sorely missed) net gain £16m (est £1m each for Nobby/Luque)

Midfielders In..............Barton(dubious temprement,winning mentality,box to box player) Faye (Versatile,big fucker,ball winner) Geremi (Solid pro,Versatile,proven winner)Smith (tenacious,versatile,gives his all) net spend £14.8m

Forwards Out..............Sibierski(Scored a few,limited ability,lacks strenghth) net gain £0

Forwards In................Viduka (strong,scores goals,good touch,bit hefty tho`) net spend £0

Total Spend .....................£11.3m (ISH)

So BS has rebuilt the defence,strenghthened midfield and attack for less than we paid for Luque, The big fella is a genius IMO

I think if you look at our signings and the total outlay its proof that BS is one of if not THE best wheeler dealer there is. They are going to bring a lot to the table this season.

Defenders Out.............Bramble,Huntington,Moore,Onyewu basicly a bunch of second rate players who would struggle to get in most premiership teams,net gain £500k

Defenders In...............Rozey(Looks solid,proven international) Cacapa(Cant fault this fella,composed,proven winner)Beye(Good solid player,former captain)

Enrique( Great spanish prospect,popular with Villarreal fans) Net cost £13m

Midfielders Out............Dyer(Inconsistant,poor attitude,injury prone) Parker (Started well,limited ability)Luque(Did nowt)Nobby (great player,loved the little guy,will be sorely missed) net gain £16m (est £1m each for Nobby/Luque)

Midfielders In..............Barton(dubious temprement,winning mentality,box to box player) Faye (Versatile,big fucker,ball winner) Geremi (Solid pro,Versatile,proven winner)Smith (tenacious,versatile,gives his all) net spend £14.8m

Forwards Out..............Sibierski(Scored a few,limited ability,lacks strenghth) net gain £0

Forwards In................Viduka (strong,scores goals,good touch,bit hefty tho`) net spend £0

Total Spend .....................£11.3m (ISH)

So BS has rebuilt the defence,strenghthened midfield and attack for less than we paid for Luque, The big fella is a genius IMO

Spot on. Lets just keep our fingers crossed when everbody is bedded in we start playing a bit more football. Looking forward to see how we do against Arsenal in the Cup away. Probably our first marker on how things are going and what improvements we have made not just in ability but mentality.