Massive strange looking spiders

Geordie Boyo

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting back to that one Boyo posted - it's not big, it's just pregnant. :razz:

and you know this how ??

Because I get shedloads of them like that on the rose bushes by my living room window. In a week or so there's frigging millions of midget spiders crawling around and this one has lost all its size.

Getting back to that one Boyo posted - it's not big, it's just pregnant. :icon_lol:

aww, and I clipped it with a bread knife. :icon_lol:

:icon_lol:

No wonder it was slow with movement as I tried to push it out. Then again if I didn't I'd have hundreds of the buggers running about the kitchen...! :razz:

Looking at this website it looks like a garden spider.

http://www.uksafari.com/spiders.htm

The spider spotted in the bedroom must have just been a House Spider. Nasty little buggers though, unlike money spiders.

Edited by Geordie Boyo

I'd agree with Craig, looks like a pregnant garden spider. The one on top of the door could be big house spider or it could be a wolf spider. They don't bother with webs, they just chase down their prey and kill it. They'll come inside if you leave your doors and windows open, especially as it starts to cool outside.

Spider's in this country are all harmless. I just don't like those massive house spiders as they creep me out, even if they aren't going to hurt me.

Actually all siders found in the UK are venoumous, its just that their teeth can't penetrate human skin.

Spider's in this country are all harmless. I just don't like those massive house spiders as they creep me out, even if they aren't going to hurt me.

Actually all siders found in the UK are venoumous, its just that their teeth can't penetrate human skin.

A few indigenous ones can, but they ain't going to do much.

But I'm pretty sure we do now have some genuinely poisonous (not maybe deadly, but nasty enough to maybe hospitalise you) invaders now living and breeding in some more southerly parts of the UK.

Ah yes, I knew that.

Interesting to note the biggest spiders (tarantulas) with the biggest fangs haven't caused too much trouble to humans. These beasts are mean:

just chucked a massive one out of the bathroom that I found on my towel.

Oh my fucking god same thing happend to me last night.. was just getting ready to shower, usually put the towel on the radiator before i go and shower so its warm, and when i got the bathroom i lifted me arm up and seen something on the bottom of my t shirt and just thought its some ribbon and when i looked properly there were two on the one on my towel and one on my arm.... a fucking shit me self and started shouting mammmm hellppp spiderrr lmfao...i am fuckin shit scared of them :razz:

Edit: It was two of them that craig has taken a pic of

Edited by bawan

just chucked a massive one out of the bathroom that I found on my towel.

Oh my fucking god same thing happend to me last night.. was just getting ready to shower, usually put the towel on the radiator before i go and shower so its warm, and when i got the bathroom i lifted me arm up and seen something on the bottom of my t shirt and just thought its some ribbon and when i looked properly there were two on the one on my towel and one on my arm.... a fucking shit me self and started shouting mammmm hellppp spiderrr lmfao...i am fuckin shit scared of them :razz:

Edit: It was two of them that craig has taken a pic of

My sister was going on about this massive spider crawling all over my towel and so I skillfully removed it before it hid somewhere and would be on the verge of giving me a surprise next time I use the towel. About half an hour later there was another big spider there which my dad disposed of. Then this morning my sister started askiing how sure I was about getting rid of the spider as there was another huge spider in the bathroom. This is annoying me - they must be breeding quickly.

When I was in my final year at Uni, I shared a house with the bloke who provides the web space for this site. He can't stand spiders and we were sat in the lounge soon after we moved in (about this time of year) watching a film and he was lying on the carpet, half asleep.

Out of the corner of his eye he spots 2 house spiders of about the size of the ones i took a photo of scurrying across the carpet towards him at speed.....

Did he move? Well imagine the scene in Tom and Jerry when Tom's owner catches sight of Jerry and gets up on a stool and you wouldn't be far off! :razz:

Not all, theres plenty of them that will do you some harm. Many come over from food containers, my college tutor has a red knee he got from ASDA's :razz: