Zoggy's new contract

marci

from .cock

Breaking News: Charles Signs New Toon Deal

By Craig Hope

CHARLES N'Zogbia has committed his future to Newcastle United after putting pen to paper on a new five-year contract.

The deal will keep the French star at St.James' Park until 2012 and is just reward for his impressive start to the new campaign.

N'Zogbia's sparkling form has seen him net two goals as the Magpies remain unbeaten after their opening five fixtures, the 21-year-old also earning a call-up to the France Under-21 squad this week.

And a delighted Charles told Newcastle World TV in an exclusive interview today: "I am happy to sign my contract and I see my future with Newcastle United because it is a great club.

"I admit towards the end of last season I was not happy and I thought I might be leaving the club, but everything is different now with the new manager.

"I have always loved the city, the fans and the club and wanted to stay here. I'm delighted now that I'm playing and I'm really enjoying my football."

Great decision, he has a great future here.

It's good to see that he seems to have his head sorted out now and it's paying dividends on the pitch. I'm looking forward to seeing him and Enrique lining up together down the left and really tormenting some defences at home for a change.

but will big sam drop smith to accomodate him?