European Championship Qualification

Scottish Mag

I hope for Newcastle United's sake that England do not crash and burn, if Mike Baldwin gets the sack, Big Sam will be one of the clear favourites for the job.

Northern Ireland, can they still qualify?

Aye, definitely. Next two games are Latvia and Iceland away - potential banana skins, but if they could get 4 or even 6 points out of them, they'll be looking really good.

Ive got a soft spot for Scotland and NI, though not so much Wales. Strange as I have little interest in Internationals and while Id like to see England go through, Im more concerned about the plight of our players while they are away.

I'd really like to see all the home nations qualify ideally (although I'd also kinda like a GB team really even if just for the Olympics).

Although I suspect if England do and Scotland don't then the referendum on independence will be a clear yes vote. :razz:

If people are saying they wouldn't like England to qualify, its ridiculous, except if they support another country of course. If you call yourself a true supporter you would back your country through thick and thin. I will always want England to qualify. Hope Northern Ireland qualify as well

Northern Ireland, can they still qualify?

Aye, definitely. Next two games are Latvia and Iceland away - potential banana skins, but if they could get 4 or even 6 points out of them, they'll be looking really good.

Excellent, I have double loyalty where they're concerned, I'm half NIish and half their team plays for burnley :razz:

If people are saying they wouldn't like England to qualify, its ridiculous, except if they support another country of course. If you call yourself a true supporter you would back your country through thick and thin. I will always want England to qualify. Hope Northern Ireland qualify as well

But thats it a lot of us aren't true supporters of England

But thats it a lot of us aren't true supporters of England

in the old days, yes I really was a supporter of England, I shed a tear along with Gazza in 1990. But these days something's changed big time (blatantly inept managers and playboy players). The media obsession always makes a part of me hope that they lose every game and I cant see that changing in the near future. Obviously once they have qualified for a competition I want them to do well. Well thats assuming there's some players in the team who i give a fuck about anyway.

I support England but I'm not particularly bothered how they do. Is that a terrible thing? They annoy me too much.

Same here, I get frustrated by england and its "true fans" who are deluded and still believe we're one of the best in the world despite proving many times we aren't

I support England but I'm not particularly bothered how they do. Is that a terrible thing? They annoy me too much.

Same here, I get frustrated by england and its "true fans" who are deluded and still believe we're one of the best in the world despite proving many times we aren't

:razz: Newcastle Fans?

Spins around on wanking chair looking confused. :icon_lol:

-------------------------

Most things you can put up for not supporting England you can also do the same for Newcastle? what's the difference?

Country > Club All the time for me

Edited by duckerDavies

:razz: Newcastle Fans?

Spins around on wanking chair looking confused. :icon_lol:

-------------------------

Most things you can put up for not supporting England you can also do the same for Newcastle? what's the difference?

I don't have people 'round me constantly telling me that no one is better than Newcastle

The biggest England fans are those who support lesser teams IMO (Championship down). I used to be much more supportive of the England team....Euro '96 was probably the pinnacle...but since then we've been disappointing in big tournaments while the players have become more hyped.

...the twats.

The biggest England fans are those who support lesser teams IMO (Championship down). I used to be much more supportive of the England team....Euro '96 was probably the pinnacle...but since then we've been disappointing in big tournaments while the players have become more hyped.

...the twats.

England have always been over hyped (or slated - there is no in between), but the players have generally become more stupidly paid for no more (and less in some cases) talent in recent years, although that's not just an England issue.

Looking to see England lose badly. I am an England supporter and it would be hard to see us lose, but I believe it's for the best. "Magnificent" Steve must go sooner rather than later and big losses here will have him sacked faster than that Torquay manager.

I remember a similar debate around the Blackburn home game last year - can a true fan hope for Newcastle to lose? And I say now as I said then, yes, if it's for the good of the team.

Am I reading that right? for you its country first club second?

Lunacy tbh (my personal view of course and everyone is entitled to their own but I cant understand how anyone can support the national team ahead of their club).

So when people ask who you support do you answer "England"?

Am I reading that right? for you its country first club second?

Lunacy tbh (my personal view of course and everyone is entitled to their own but I cant understand how anyone can support the national team ahead of their club).

So when people ask who you support do you answer "England"?

faft ducker