Jose and Roman a tale of two cities.

Park Life

It is widely understood that there are three distinct camps at Chelsea, the Portugese camp (Jose and his boys), the Russian camp (inc Kenyon and the newly arrived DOF and PiniZhavi who lives near Roman in Antibes) and the Dutch camp inc Arnesen (various scouts and hangers onners and the Macbeth like ghost in the background of a prominent Dutch coach).

Roman left his seat at the Villa game early, but he left in a particular way. He stood for a few seconds longer than needed and surveyed all before him and than scampered off double quick time....Perhaps he was looking for Schev, perhaps he was looking for the one of the last times at a Mourinho side.

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/sport/2007/09/...ence_speak.html

It has to be said that Roman of all doesn't like losing...To survive the Oligarchy wars and culls and money walls of the new Russia, he ain't about to swallow too many dissappointments for his Chelsea side. Russians and Portugese see the world in very different ways as will soon IMO become obvious.

The tragedy of Chelsea is that with the money available they really could have played fantasy football and ticked all the boxes. It will be said I fear in times to come that Mourinho was always too def minded to really do justice to the set-up he had available to him...The signs were there with his ultra-compact and drilled Porto side. Mourinho for me is one of the best coaches in the world but he will underestimate the 'soul' of a Russian at his peril. Deep down all Russians are poets and that is how they see life.

The tragedy of Chelsea is that with the money available they really could have played fantasy football and ticked all the boxes. It will be said I fear in times to come that Mourinho was always too def minded to really do justice to the set-up he had available to him...The signs were there with his ultra-compact and drilled Porto side. Mourinho for me is one of the best coaches in the world but he will underestimate the 'soul' of a Russian at his peril. Deep down all Russians are poets and that is how they see life.

Can't think of many famous Russian poets tbh, Keatski? Betjaminolovski?

Someone on 5Live was saying after the game that Roman just stood there looking really pissed off - the reaction of any fan TBH

I think Roman is like us - he wants to win but he wants to win exciting - and that is what DJose isn't providing

he doesn't need to sell to a hedge fund, he likes the attention in the Uk and we're his bolt hole if Mr P decides he needs to face charges on some hokey charge.......... plus of course he owns a great piece of real estate

Can't think of many famous Russian poets tbh, Keatski? Betjaminolovski?

:razz:

More to do with the tortured Russian soul and the huge sacrifices of the people in modern history etc...

You don't win anything with sexy football anymore, Jose is just doing what you need to do to win. They should put it back to 2 points for a win, making it less costly to concede

You don't win anything with sexy football anymore, Jose is just doing what you need to do to win. They should put it back to 2 points for a win, making it less costly to concede

Oh but how wrong you are. Man Utd won the league last year with such football. :razz:

yeah

and we turn up in our tens of thousands year in year out only because its a SHOW at SJP

a few years of Bolton-style footie and no wins and gates will crash....................

yeah

and we turn up in our tens of thousands year in year out only because its a SHOW at SJP

a few years of Bolton-style footie and no wins and gates will crash....................

I think SA is aware of this and once things are stabalised creativity will be added.

Jose might have run out of road though.

yeah

I think SA is aware of this and once things are stabalised creativity will be added.

an unfortunate choice of words there Parky............ shurely you're not suggesting any connection bewteen Roman's HR policies, Kerr-Mcgee and the unfortunate Ms Karen Silkwood?

yeah

an unfortunate choice of words there Parky............ shurely you're not suggesting any connection bewteen Roman's HR policies, Kerr-Mcgee and the unfortunate Ms Karen Silkwood?

I infer nothing of the kind dear fellow and further I would like to add that my interaction with reps of Mr Abramovitch has been wholly delightful and constructive at every turn. On another note this is perhaps a moment where one might step back and pause for thought at the generous philanthropy Mr Abramovitch has displayed in Chakotka province.

Edited by Parky

" infer nothing of the kind dear fellow and further I would like to add that my interaction with reps of Mr Abramovitch has been wholly delightful and constructive at every turn. On another note this is perhaps a moment where one might step back and pause for thought at the generous philanthropy Mr Abramovitch has displayed in Chakotka province.

"

How generous - I was going to point out that traditionaly one was careful not to repeat unwarratnted and slanderous remarks about the past Chairman of Chelsea and current incumbent at Leeds - the delightful Mr Bates - but as you say Roman has a very different class of friends & reps

More tea Vicar?

" infer nothing of the kind dear fellow and further I would like to add that my interaction with reps of Mr Abramovitch has been wholly delightful and constructive at every turn. On another note this is perhaps a moment where one might step back and pause for thought at the generous philanthropy Mr Abramovitch has displayed in Chakotka province.

"

How generous - I was going to point out that traditionaly one was careful not to repeat unwarratnted and slanderous remarks about the past Chairman of Chelsea and current incumbent at Leeds - the delightful Mr Bates - but as you say Roman has a very different class of friends & reps

More tea Vicar?

Always up for a cup of afternoon cha!

When one is dealing with the world of imponderables one might want to reflect on who's singning for the 'moolah'...Yes? Also when one finds kind ears for ideas that are close to heart it is perhaps not so important to ponder where such ventures come to rest.

Edited by Parky