Gibson

RlCO

Just been on Look North, jesus, practically begging fans to come back

"If somebody had said to me 4 years ago, when we had average gates of 32,000, that you'll win the Carling Cup, you'll have 2 excellent journeys into Europe, you'll get to a UEFA Cup final, and you'll lose 5,000 fans, I'd have said they were crackers"

:razz:

"As a town and as fans we have to support this manager, this man, these players and the club. I want you to go out and drag those in that should be here" while the camera focuses on a gormless looking Southgate

proper sad bastards

Why are people knocking him?? He's simply showing that the empty seats piss him off like they must do the fans who turn up week in week out and he's trying to do something about it.

I've a lot of time for Steve Gibson - one of the better chairmen in the Premiership and a million miles better than our previous incumbnant...

Why are people knocking him?? He's simply showing that the empty seats piss him off like they must do the fans who turn up week in week out and he's trying to do something about it.

I've a lot of time for Steve Gibson - one of the better chairmen in the Premiership and a million miles better than our previous incumbnant...

Who's knocking him?

Who's knocking him?

People....

I can understand his frustration, must of been a pisser seing the thousands of empty seats they had for the match against us, and all you could hear was our lot singing, my little lad lives in Stockton and they are always giving the schools tickets to the matches, they just dont have the fanbase that we or Sunderland have.

Well the thing is, they had the fans, where are they now?

They should have built a smaller stadium really, in keeping with their station

They need to build an interesting side. It is generally agreed they are very boring to watch.

They should have built a smaller stadium really, in keeping with their station

My boro-supporting mate reckons filling in the corners was a big mistake, spreads the crowd thinner and kills the atmosphere.

Gibson has my sympathies, they've been to more semi-finals & finals than anyone outside the top four the last few years. He deserves better from the supporters.

Also heard they are whinging that 60 or so pubs in Teesside are illegally showing their games live on foreign tv, hitting attendances.

Edited by Dr Kenneth Noisewater

Gibson is one of the best chairman in the league and Boro are very lucky to have someone like him as without his fanaticism over the years, they would be nowhere near where they are now, thats if they were even still in business. Small fan base is crap to be honest though, Middlesbrough is a big town and there are a lot of peripheral towns which means they could easily fill it as they have done in the past. I think their fans have a certain sense of apathy at the moment though, seeing their better players leave and having a manager without qualifications and without any real idea of how to get them playing attractive football.....sounds a bit like us last year.

no different to any other smoggie, just has a bit more money than most