We should really start Owen and Oba.

Park Life

I see the assist at the end of the Wigan game as somewhat of an omen for these two. We have to start matches with these two forwards, Viduka probably needs a long rest and doesn't really seem upto speed. We can still play SA's beloved 433 if he so chooses with Oba as the left forward attacking the box and Owen in the center.

433 properly played isn't really about having a big target wallah (courts backlash) but more about having mobile and interchanging forward and midfield play.

..................Geremi............

........Barton...........Zoggy.........

Milner..........................Oba....

.................Owen.........

Viduka.

Perhaps you could illuminate me? :lol:

3 games, no service and scored a goal of the month contender.

It'll do me.

Could say exactly the same about Martins, plus has scored 3 goals, Viduka has the work ethic of a McDonalds trainee.

I'd quite like to see that given a shot, defence would have to sit deep to deal with owens style and obas pace but in that event, milner oba zog and barton are all pretty good at shooting from outside the box

Viduka.

It'll do me.

Could say exactly the same about Martins, plus has scored 3 goals, Viduka has the work ethic of a McDonalds trainee.

Never mentioned Martins as he wasn't left out in the original post.

Viduka is a top player and I'm sure will be a top player for us. Give him the ball to his feet and he'll do the business. No good pumping long balls up to him.

Viduka.

It'll do me.

Viduka is a top player and I'm sure will be a top player for us. Give him the ball to his feet and he'll do the business. No good pumping long balls up to him.

I mentioned Martins thanks, and the thread is questioning Martins not starting alongside Owen, if it wasn't for Martins perfectly weighted cross on Saturday we wouldn't have scored.

I mentioned Martins thanks, and the thread is questioning Martins not starting alongside Owen, if it wasn't for Martins perfectly weighted cross on Saturday we wouldn't have scored.

Never said you didn't mention Martins, and I don't know what his cross for Owen has got to do with Viduka getting no service.

Thanks.

Viduka.

Perhaps you could illuminate me? :yes

It'll do me.

With his right foot as well. :lol:

I'd still like to see all 3 at home at times.

-----------------Viduka

------Oba--------------------Owen

Viduka playing deeper so the two litte-uns can latch onto his clever touches and through balls, especially as we don't have an out-and-out playmaker in the team if Emre still doesn't do the business.

It's cetainly possible to play without a big target man up front if you remember back one of the best strike partnerships we have ever had was Cole and Beardsley and clearly neither of them could be considered a target man. But you did have the likes of Lee, Clark, Sellars, Fox, Beresford, Watson and Beardsley himself playing fantastic balls into the box that players could move on to. I don't believe we have the passing quality we had back then to make it work.

Big man little man is here to stay for the forseeable future for me.

I'm from the school of thought that reckons it's all about who you are playing, against 2 big, slower centre halfs I'd play Owen and Oba and play to feet with no long balls.

Viduka would get the nod against the more mobile but less physical centre halfs in the league, and where there is a mix of big, slower and quick mobile I'd mix them up but I can't decide who I'd play with Viduka in this instance. My head says Owen but my heart says Oba.

The best reason I can think of for not starting with Martins and Owen up front is that Martins is pretty fucking crap. Viduka is by far the more accomplished player. Martins is basically a very fast retard.

Opinions are like arseholes, everyones got one, but facts are something else. Martins was our top goal scorer last season and our top scorer so far this season, I find the prospect of playing the lazy arsed Viduka ahead of Martins incomprehensible, take Martins out of the equasion this season and we'd be in the bottom 3, Martins both scores and makes goals, apart from that punt against boro, Viduka has barely broken a sweat in a black and white shirt, Martins on the other hand has grafted, scored, and provided, and that for me puts him ahead of Smith and Viduka in my book.

The best reason I can think of for not starting with Martins and Owen up front is that Martins is pretty fucking crap. Viduka is by far the more accomplished player. Martins is basically a very fast retard.

Opinions are like arseholes, everyones got one, but facts are something else. Martins was our top goal scorer last season and our top scorer so far this season, I find the prospect of playing the lazy arsed Viduka ahead of Martins incomprehensible, take Martins out of the equasion this season and we'd be in the bottom 3, Martins both scores and makes goals, apart from that punt against boro, Viduka has barely broken a sweat in a black and white shirt, Martins on the other hand has grafted, scored, and provided, and that for me puts him ahead of Smith and Viduka in my book.

Agree with all that homeboy.

Total bullshit.

Gemmill I generally think that you know you're stuff about football but thats just a stupid comment to make - theres not questioning that Obas got talent, it just has to be fixed to some basic rules as a striker i.e sticking to being onside playing off the last man etc.

Agreed.

Get Smudger up there instead, okay he's only scored 3 goals in his last 79 games but he gets stuck in! :lol:

Your irrational hatred is quite unusual. Martins has already contributed more to this club than Michael Owen probably ever will. Martins should start, whether Owen does or not.