We should really start Owen and Oba.

Park Life

Gemmill I generally think that you know you're stuff about football but thats just a stupid comment to make - theres not questioning that Obas got talent, it just has to be fixed to some basic rules as a striker i.e sticking to being onside playing off the last man etc.

The stuff that's missing from his game is stuff that he should know by now. He's 22 (chuckle). If he was going to learn stuff like first touches, basic movement, etc, I would have thought it would have been coached into him by now. In fact, I would imagine they focussed a bit on stuff like that in training at Inter, but it somehow passed our hero by.

My money is on Viduka every time. And that's just from an individual point of view, before you even consider the fact that Martins and Owen just sounds like a non-starter as a partnership.

The best reason I can think of for not starting with Martins and Owen up front is that Martins is pretty fucking crap. Viduka is by far the more accomplished player. Martins is basically a very fast retard.

Jesus, you're obsessed! :lol:

Gemmill I generally think that you know you're stuff about football but thats just a stupid comment to make - theres not questioning that Obas got talent, it just has to be fixed to some basic rules as a striker i.e sticking to being onside playing off the last man etc.

The stuff that's missing from his game is stuff that he should know by now. He's 22 (chuckle). If he was going to learn stuff like first touches, basic movement, etc, I would have thought it would have been coached into him by now. In fact, I would imagine they focussed a bit on stuff like that in training at Inter, but it somehow passed our hero by.

My money is on Viduka every time. And that's just from an individual point of view, before you even consider the fact that Martins and Owen just sounds like a non-starter as a partnership.

You also missed the most important part out that Martins is more than capable of scoring goals.

of the 3 i'd start with owen and viduka, and have martins on as a sub. reason for that is against tired legs, martins could cause more mistakes by the opposition than the 2 slower but more intelligent players.

we all know oba has been working his socks off, and that he does have talent considering the service he gets, but for me he's 3rd choice, despite 3 goals and 1 assist in the league.

for the record both viduka and owen don't constantly cause a threat because both go missing for 70 minutes of a game making the runs (in owens case) or scoffing pies ( in viduka's case). martins is always there or thereabouts, but his touch and technique are lacking.

just my opinion of course and not an irrational hatred like Gemmill...

If Martins was white Gemmill would be all loved up - FACT!

:lol:

He has weaknesses in his game, but he has won me over particularly because he scores different kinds of goals and almost from anywhere.

I don't have a rational hatred of Martins. I'm just providing a strong counterbalance to the ludicrously high regard in which some hold him. The bloke is ok as a striker. He can do some fabulous things on occasion, but 3 games out of 4 he looks like he hasn't got the foggiest.

i'd say every other game he's patchy... realistically he hasn't got the outright quality of a viduka or owen. which is why i'd put him on for the last 30 mins in a game.

don't worry gemmil your dislike of martins is nothing compared to my absolute hatred of david beckham.

i'd say every other game he's patchy... realistically he hasn't got the outright quality of a viduka or owen. which is why i'd put him on for the last 30 mins in a game.

don't worry gemmil your dislike of martins is nothing compared to my absolute hatred of david beckham.

Viduka has imo done nothing to warrant a place ahead of Oba. He really does need a rest, he's been playing footie all summer plus he's fat.