Facebook

RlCO

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this seems to be the in thing at the minute and Ive received quite a few invites from friends over the last month. Ive registered on it and must admit I quite like it, it's taken a lot of the best features of loads of networking sites that went before ( wayn, faceparty, msn, etc) and is a good way to get in touch with long lost friends ( without having to pay like friends reunited).

well im sure the novelty will wear off like most things but i like it so far

this seems to be the in thing at the minute and Ive received quite a few invites from friends over the last month. Ive registered on it and must admit I quite like it, it's taken a lot of the best features of loads of networking sites that went before ( wayn, faceparty, msn, etc) and is a good way to get in touch with long lost friends ( without having to pay like friends reunited).

It's as insidous as fuck. How much info can we get out of people and pass over to various profiling houses (for selling stuff and branding) without paying a penny.

Rant hoover.

It's as insidous as fuck. How much info can we get out of people and pass over to various profiling houses (for selling stuff and branding) without paying a penny.

Rant hoover.

I think we've all come to accept that whenever you registered for any website the likelihood is you'll get some junk mail as a result. I dont see facebook being any worse than any other site, and that's what the junk mail folder's for in outlook anyway.

cool your boots man

Rant hoover.

I think we've all come to accept that whenever you registered for any website the likelihood is you'll get some junk mail as a result. I dont see facebook being any worse than any other site, and that's what the junk mail folder's for in outlook anyway.

cool your boots man

Actually I think facebook is better than other sites for that because it holds your email address as an image rather than as a text link therefore reducing the possibility of spider bots grabbing hold of it.

Over the years i've signed up for a few social sites but facebook is a hell of a lot better than the rest. The fact that you can install preferred applications to your page is excellent. I've got well hooked on the travel IQ game at the moment.... :lol:

Ive now got a facebook account :lol: thanks to my sister telling me how brilliant it is.

And its shite.

Ditto, although it was my mates that told me, weirdly it was the ones that had never bothered with the likes of Myspace before. I signed up but didn't even get as far as putting my photo up.

Ive now got a facebook account :lol: thanks to my sister telling me how brilliant it is.

And its shite.

Ditto, although it was my mates that told me, weirdly it was the ones that had never bothered with the likes of Myspace before. I signed up but didn't even get as far as putting my photo up.

Better off getting a big book cutting a hole in the cover and sticking yer face through it as you jump out on unsuspecting shop assistants...

Facebook is a great way of catching up with people you have lost contact with, and more often than not giving a swift and instant reminder of exactly why you lost contact with them in the first place !

Myspace is a complete dead duck nowadays. Being a student facebook is great for sorting stuff out, nearly all my mates have it so good for keeping in contact

well thats just put me right off if it's full of students... :lol:

Myspace is a complete dead duck nowadays. Being a student facebook is great for sorting stuff out, nearly all my mates have it so good for keeping in contact

There is a lot of younger people on there but facebook is quie private compared to myspace. You will only really become friends with people you have already met rather than meet new friends on it.

There is a lot of younger people on there but facebook is quie private compared to myspace. You will only really become friends with people you have already met rather than meet new friends on it.

in that case were'nt they already friends anyway ??

Better students than emos!

hmmm....emos...students...emos...students...I'm stuck there like ?? :yes

Better students than emos!

hmmm....emos...students...emos...students...I'm stuck there like ?? :yes

OK then, students or emos and posers. Take ya pick :hunter: