Processor Help

khay

Getting a DELL Desktop and it lets me choose the following Processors for the same price does anyone know what the difference is? :lol:

AMD® Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5600+

AMD® Live Technology - Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5600+

Thanks for any help.

Getting a DELL Desktop and it lets me choose the following Processors for the same price does anyone know what the difference is? ;)

AMD® Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5600+

AMD® Live Technology - Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5600+

Thanks for any help.

I'm not sure there is any actual difference in processor, so much as a compatibility brand for multi-media/home theater of the the whole system.

Although why they'd list them separately for otherwise identical systems I don't know, unless one comes with amd live software and one doesn't.

Either way unless they are the new AMD "Barcelona" architecture you'll probably be better off going for Intel anyway. ;)

They are identical, some motherboards support amd live but its not important as ( in real life) it does nowt...

I use my pc for media production (audio editing and professional mastering of cd's etc) and its really not worth using.

the intels whilst more expensive are better as well (especially at media production).

Cheers.