If we keep winning or not losing (more likely)..

Park Life

...how long are people going to be happy with the clunky,combative, kick it into dangerous areas footie...(Not saying we haven't had one or two nice spells)...?

As a side we seem a lot more secure and less anxious and the main defensive 6 have a good idea what their roles are, but I for one am looking forward to some proper football (perhaps the return of Barton, Emre and Duff)..

Hopefully SA will play more a 442 at home with less def cover...

I think we played some pretty decent stuff against Wigan on Saturday and I would be pretty happy if we could keep up that standard (admittedly Wigan were crap so we would probably have to up it against better teams).

But we still have Barton, Emre and Duff to come back into the squad all of whom are more forward thinking players who I would expect to help us improve our football (if Sam get more out of Duff than Rodders could).

Bringing two propper fullbacks in will improve us as well as we should have two defenders who can link up with the players in front of them and it will allow N'Zogbia to move into a more attacking position.

Finally as time goes on the players will become more acostomed to what Allardyce is asking of them and will be able to better put it into practice on the pitch, and if we keep winning the increased confidence that comes with that will allow players to express themselves more.

I don't expect to see us playing the football that we did under Keegan or Robson this season but I do think we can expect to see a lot better than the shite we've had to put up with for the last four years.

If we keep winning or not losing I don't care how we play. It would be nice to play attractive winning football, but I'll settle for shitty winning football.

Aye me too, but sadly some idiots think we can go from a shite team to a class, attacking team in the space of 3 months. I'm delighted we've done a bit of groundwork and are looking solid. Build from the back.

If we keep winning or not losing I don't care how we play. It would be nice to play attractive winning football, but I'll settle for shitty winning football.

Aye me too, but sadly some idiots think we can go from a shite team to a class, attacking team in the space of 3 months. I'm delighted we've done a bit of groundwork and are looking solid. Build from the back.

Couldn't agree more

Don't see this season as being breath-taking football but from what the defence has shown so far I am more than pleased that we seem to be heading in the right direction.

I would like to think that once SA is happy with the defence he might look to providing the team with a more attacking style of play.

Cannot run before you can walk

I don't think we will keep up the same style for long. Once all the players are bedded in, and Barton back, i think we'll start playing better football.

But the main objective was to become hard to beat/or at least, not just roll over like we used to. Sort the defence out... I think we are getting there.

For the first time in a long long time we are going away to a top 4 side (the Emirates) and i don't feel like we're likely to lose 4 or 5.

Rome wasn't built in a day, we can't expect to start playing exhilirating football while remaining tight at the back straight away, so for me the report card reads "Good progress, more to come".

As people have said, Big Sam inherited a fucking nightmare and he is turning it round as quickly as he can. Firstly building from the back, making us hard tobeat, competetive and organised and taking it from there.

But to be fair its not like the football has been awful, there's been patches of good passing and we've just needed to create more out and out chances in games like the Villa one. Against Wigan Owen alone had 3 or 4 very good chances (and to be fair scored two of them!) so that wasn't bad, poor as Wigan were.

Barton will be a big help as people mentioned when he returns and also time, as the players get used to what he's doing and get ever more confident. Also 4-4-2 at home against organised, defensive sides will help compared to the 4-3-3 vs Villa.

i cant understand what people expect a manager to do in fukin 3 month.............do you want a manager who will play attacking football,buy crap and have a shit start to the season year after year..... .or a manager who addresses the faults in the team and builds good foundations for the next 3 seasons.....give me big sam any day

Too many managers have come into this job thinking they have to play "sexy football", and this may have been their downfall.

We've fallen too far for me to care how we win. It's simply that we must win.

Makes it harder to take (playing shite long ball football) when you lose a few games though...

Too many managers have come into this job thinking they have to play "sexy football", and this may have been their downfall.

Makes it harder to take (playing shite long ball football) when you lose a few games though...

sorry to be so abrupt.....what the fuk do you want...just add water see the amazing results ....ffs

Does it? I wouldn't know.

Mr.Gemmill; I think it's rather sad that you demean yourself by saying you'd settle for "shitty winning football" and that you "don't care how we play".

However; I've grown a little tired of us having lost so many games since Sir Bobby's departure, especially to the poorer teams in the league so, I must admit that I'd settle for shitty winning football too, and I don't care how we play as long as we are winning, and keep winning. :lol:

As people have said, Big Sam inherited a fucking nightmare and he is turning it round as quickly as he can. Firstly building from the back, making us hard tobeat, competetive and organised and taking it from there.

But to be fair its not like the football has been awful, there's been patches of good passing and we've just needed to create more out and out chances in games like the Villa one. Against Wigan Owen alone had 3 or 4 very good chances (and to be fair scored two of them!) so that wasn't bad, poor as Wigan were.

Barton will be a big help as people mentioned when he returns and also time, as the players get used to what he's doing and get ever more confident. Also 4-4-2 at home against organised, defensive sides will help compared to the 4-3-3 vs Villa.

Quoted as it sums up what i was about to type.

We don't play like Wimbledon though. But if we win, I honestly don't care how we play. We're not in a position to be precious about the quality of our football.

Why?

Because first and foremost we need to win football matches. We're not a Man United or an Arsenal where winning comes naturally and nice performances can be taken for granted.

I can't actually believe I'm having to explain that btw.