STEVEN TAYLOR has turned down a new five-year contract

Sever07

If he goes to Spurs or Arsenal he'll soon bring up his "London" roots.

If he's on about 8k a week, he's probably been offered about 20k.

Aye, 20-25k. Which is more than sufficient for someone of his age supposedly loving playing for his hometown club. Unfortunately, we've had a long history of flinging money at people and Taylor's looking to [rapper voice]get PAID muthafucka[/rapper voice]. It'd be nice to keep him, but if he's gonna try and hold the club to ransom, he can cock off.

Aye, 20-25k. Which is more than sufficient for someone of his age supposedly loving playing for his hometown club. Unfortunately, we've had a long history of flinging money at people and Taylor's looking to [rapper voice]get PAID muthafucka[/rapper voice]. It'd be nice to keep him, but if he's gonna try and hold the club to ransom, he can cock off.

I'd agree, but it looks like the club's trying to force him out. :lol:

Maybe Taylor has been one of the cock squad all along and Allardyce wants him out

Maybe so, and if we were to sell him, and then concede a goal at home the following game came January, I reckon there could be chants for Shearer for manager in a typical NUFC-kneejerk-reaction-style.

aye but that wage will tie him up for the next 5 years,this lad has potential to be one of the best defenders in the country....its possible he could be playing as a full international in 3 years time on 20k a week ....open to negotiation maybe

aye but that wage will tie him up for the next 5 years,this lad has potential to be one of the best defenders in the country....its possible he could be playing as a full international in 3 years time on 20k a week ....open to negotiation maybe

of course, a contract means sod all these days, if Taylor does prove to me be worth more than 20K Im sure he'll get it to prevent him going elsewhere but he doesnt deserve it yet and I doubt anyone else would offer him much more

At the end of the day he can only reasonably compare himself to the likes of zoggy and milner and if they are getting more than he is offered then he has a fair shout imo. I know I would and I'm sure the rest of you would too. I suppose he looks at some of the highly paid flops we've had and has to ask "why do they get paid that for doing shite all when I have put the effort in". A fair shout.

I go back to my first sentence though, the zog and milner are his peers. He should be at least on the same terms as them. Remember how Zoggy spat his dummy out last season? To be fair, Taylor has never done that.

At the end of the day he can only reasonably compare himself to the likes of zoggy and milner and if they are getting more than he is offered then he has a fair shout imo. I know I would and I'm sure the rest of you would too. I suppose he looks at some of the highly paid flops we've had and has to ask "why do they get paid that for doing shite all when I have put the effort in". A fair shout.

I go back to my first sentence though, the zog and milner are his peers. He should be at least on the same terms as them. Remember how Zoggy spat his dummy out last season? To be fair, Taylor has never done that.

My thoughts also. Its hard to know exactly the truth, exactly whats been offered and exactly what others at a similar stage are on (Milner). This is also exatly why this sort of thing should be kept behind closed doors.

I think it's laughable that people have having a go at him for wanting more than the less than £10k p/w then a few posts later agreeing that he should be on about 20-25k...

He's a decent prospect, he's clearly passionate about the club, he's got some good defenders to learn from, he's the England U21 captain and is trying to break into the England senior set up, he's big, strong, fairly quick and has an acting style all his own.

We have no idea what was offered, nor what he wants, he may have been offered the same wage for the next five years with no annual increase, he may have been offered a 5 year deal with stipulations that are contrary to his desires. We have no idea.

yet an hack taps out the bare bones of a story about how he's rejected the latest offer and suddenly he's a money grabbing bastard who can fuck off.

it's like a fucking pantomime :lol:

He's already set for life. If he thinks him being a Geordie is what sets him apart, then let him prove it by not moaning about his pay, it's the money grabbing barstards that should be getting cut. As for the assertion that this doesn't affect his play, that's got to be balls too.

Having your dad as your agent is pure daft too, much like Anelka and his brothers, coincidentally money grabbers too.

I think it's laughable that people have having a go at him for wanting more than the less than £10k p/w then a few posts later agreeing that he should be on about 20-25k...

He's a decent prospect, he's clearly passionate about the club, he's got some good defenders to learn from, he's the England U21 captain and is trying to break into the England senior set up, he's big, strong, fairly quick and has an acting style all his own.

We have no idea what was offered, nor what he wants, he may have been offered the same wage for the next five years with no annual increase, he may have been offered a 5 year deal with stipulations that are contrary to his desires. We have no idea.

yet an hack taps out the bare bones of a story about how he's rejected the latest offer and suddenly he's a money grabbing bastard who can fuck off.

it's like a fucking pantomime :hunter:

Yeah but it's fun. :yes:lol:

I have a feeling he wants 30k tho.

He's already set for life. If he thinks him being a Geordie is what sets him apart, then let him prove it by not moaning about his pay, it's the money grabbing barstards that should be getting cut. As for the assertion that this doesn't affect his play, that's got to be balls too.

Having your dad as your agent is pure daft too, much like Anelka and his brothers, coincidentally money grabbers too.

you seem in the know. How much was he offered?How much did he ask for? What were the terms of the contract?

How is he set for life? Does he have a trust fund from rich grandparentsd? has he shrewdly invested in various markets? Does he own great swathes of the Eastern European countryside?

:lol:

you seem in the know. How much was he offered?How much did he ask for? What were the terms of the contract?

How is he set for life? Does he have a trust fund from rich grandparentsd? has he shrewdly invested in various markets? Does he own great swathes of the Eastern European countryside?

:lol:

I'm sure Oba can show him how to invest money in Nigeria.