Bellamy baby scare

peasepud

27369.jpgSkipper Craig Bellamy left the Wales squad on the eve of Germany clash yesterday to dash to hospital after his newborn daughter suffered a health scare. West Ham star Bellamy, 28, became a father for the third time on Monday when his wife Claire gave birth to a baby girl. But Cardiff-born Bellamy's latest child is still being closely monitored by doctors, and the forward missed training yesterday to be with his family.

Wales would love to have inform Bellamy available against the Germans tonight as they seek a win to boost their faint hopes of qualifying for Euro 2008. "We hope it is nothing serious with Craig's little baby girl," said manager John Toshack. "He is concerned because there are one or two little worries about the baby at the minute but from what we gather he should be back with us for the game and we just hope he is in the right frame of mind to play. We know there is no more committed a Welsh player than Craig and we just hope when he comes back he is ready to play and he is OK."

Despite the concerns, Bellamy is set to start in Wales' attack alongside home debutant Freddy Eastwood after the Essex-born Wolves striker scored on his first start last month in Bulgaria. Former Southend marksman Eastwood, 23, netted the only goal in Wales' impressive 1-0 friendly win and Tosh believes the clinical forward can fire them to further victories. "It will be a huge night for Freddy but we are quite pleased with what we have seen from him," added the coach. "He is 23 and scored on his debut in Bulgaria, which was a tough game. They pushed us really hard but he did OK in the 45 minutes he was on and scored his goal. "We have had a lot of 0-0 draws in recent years but had chances to win and the one chance Freddy had, he stuck it away which bodes well for the future."

Heres hoping everything alright with the little 'un. Im no fan of Bellends but it must be a hard time for him.

He has three kids?

I didn't see that one coming.

I wonder how often he hits them?

Quite a sick thing to say

Lol, there's always one mong who jumps on even the slightest idea of something that 'might' cause outrage... :lol:

Having had to deal with a newborn child who is seriously ill, I've got some appreciation of what he's going through....

Echo Pud's sentiments, I'm no fan of Bellamy's but I have every sympathy for any parent who has to deal with that - fingers crossed all is OK.

He has three kids?

I didn't see that one coming.

I wonder how often he hits them?

They are all probably bigger than him by now, so not very often (maybe gets his bodyguard to do it).