Bush offers N.Korea deal?

Park Life

http://www.guardian.co.uk/usa/story/0,,2164812,00.html

Bush looks to have made the strongest commitment to bring a more solid and formal peace. And the nutters in charge have invited inspections of thier nuclear programme. I'd tenetaively say this is looking like good news. One of the regimes that looked like it could go off the rails and certainly one of the most paranoid admin in the world (yes the N.koreans). :lol:

Any Oil under North Korea ?

North Korea hasn't got much of anything iirc. They get a lot of aid/fuel from places like China. The get a lot of money from South Korea still, helps keep all the paranoia in check.

North Korea hasn't got much of anything iirc. They get a lot of aid/fuel from places like China. The get a lot of money from South Korea still, helps keep all the paranoia in check.

well they have drilled a few wells but I knew a couple of companies who went to discuss things with them amd their tales of their experiences are some of the most bizarre I've ever heard

One Norwegian guy went there, was effectively imprisoned in his hotel for a week, then summoned to a vast Ministry, shown into a room that could have sat 1000 people with a long table across one end (with of course, many pictures of both the Great Leader and the Good Leader)

About 10 people filed in and sat opposite his chair - they then stood up in turn and denounced the West, his company and him in particular and slipped in a few words about the Good Leader opening a few primary schools the day before. They then negotiated normally in good faith without a word of propaganda. At the end of the meeting they then did the denunciation routine again and left. this went on for a week before he left .

Nothing much ever came of it - I think they did some seismic surveying but it was impsossible to find out what the terms were for a discovery.......................

well they have drilled a few wells but I knew a couple of companies who went to discuss things with them amd their tales of their experiences are some of the most bizarre I've ever heard

One Norwegian guy went there, was effectively imprisoned in his hotel for a week, then summoned to a vast Ministry, shown into a room that could have sat 1000 people with a long table across one end (with of course, many pictures of both the Great Leader and the Good Leader)

About 10 people filed in and sat opposite his chair - they then stood up in turn and denounced the West, his company and him in particular and slipped in a few words about the Good Leader opening a few primary schools the day before. They then negotiated normally in good faith without a word of propaganda. At the end of the meeting they then did the denunciation routine again and left. this went on for a week before he left .

Nothing much ever came of it - I think they did some seismic surveying but it was impsossible to find out what the terms were for a discovery.......................

Just like a meeting at Airbus then. ;)

I understand there are similar meetings in Seattle at the moment

the 787 that was rolled out was missing +3000 fasteners - plus its blocking the production line until the find enough bits on Ebay to finish it

"just in Time " production is a great idea but it works best when its run by Japanese car makers and not MegaPlanes

I understand there are similar meetings in Seattle at the moment

the 787 that was rolled out was missing +3000 fasteners - plus its blocking the production line until the find enough bits on Ebay to finish it

"just in Time " production is a great idea but it works best when its run by Japanese car makers and not MegaPlanes

Jet aviation in Schweiss is the way forward for completion for mid range now.

Inching towards sanity - if only Dubbya would try the same methods of talk talk with the Iranians eh?

They're not really big talkers.

Iran are in an infinitely stronger position as well. Where as N Korea is neck deep in the shit really and is probably open for a lot of concessions.

Inching towards sanity - if only Dubbya would try the same methods of talk talk with the Iranians eh?

They're not really big talkers.

Iran are in an infinitely stronger position as well. Where as N Korea is neck deep in the shit really and is probably open for a lot of concessions.

Pretty much yup. I could only really get excited about Iran if they did have nuclear weapons...As it stands a lot can happen in the 10 years or so before they have a realistically dangerous weapon. It's quite strange to think that N.Korea actually do have a 'drop capability' yet they seem to be in a weaker postion.