Emre wants to leave according to the Sunday Sun

Tribal

EMRE has admitted he wants to quit Newcastle for Galatasaray in January – as his old club confirmed they want him back.

The Turk is fit again after injury but is pessimistic about his prospects of breaking into Sam Allardyce’s first team at St James’s Park.

And so Emre has now openly declared his wish to return to Istanbul, with Galatasaray revealing they are keen to re-sign him, six years after he left for Inter Milan.

Emre made his first appearance under Allardyce in Newcastle’s Carling Cup win over Barnsley 11 days ago but did not even feature on the bench for the Premiership clash with Wigan last weekend.

And both he and Galatasaray have used his presence in Turkey on international duty in recent days to make it clear they want a reunion.

“I want to go back to Galatasaray, and they want me,” said Emre.

And Gala’s vice-president Adnan Polat said in response: “This is a transfer we can do in January.”

Emre, who turned 27 on Friday, was rated as Turkish football’s best-ever young player when he rose through the ranks at Galatasaray.

But he is clearly below Nicky Butt, Geremi and Alan Smith in Allardyce’s midfield pecking order, with summer signing Joey Barton on his way back from injury.

However, Allardyce will look to at recoup a large part, if not all, of the £3.8 million that Graeme Souness paid Inter for Emre in the summer of 2005.

Meanwhile, Steven Taylor’s contract row looks set to rumble on for at least the best part of another week.

Although Newcastle have decided to reopen contract talks with the defender, his father and agent is on holiday abroad.

United officials were unhappy at Alf Taylor’s decision to go public on his son’s rejection of an initial contract offer described as “completely inadequate”.

And even though they have decided to review their offer, it will have to be upped by more than 60 per cent to satisfy Taylor’s wish for parity with England Under-21 colleague James Milner’s new £30,000-a-week deal.

Another fucking waste of space footballer who realises he is basically shit and fucks off back to the rock he came from. Fuck off you little prick is all I can say, no better than the likes of Woodgate

i can't believe he's behind smith in the midfield pecking order like. if he goes we HAVE to replace him with a new creative midfielder

Totally agree. If used properly I think he could do really well under Mahoosive Sam.

Another fucking waste of space footballer who realises he is basically shit and fucks off back to the rock he came from. Fuck off you little prick is all I can say, no better than the likes of Woodgate

clueless.

clueless.

Agreed. Woodgate (when fit, which this argument doesn't revolve around) was one of the best central defenders we have ever had. EVER imo.

As for Emre - another who flattered to deceive imo.

Edited by snakehips

Ive nowt against him. Looked handy at times without ever being a world beater. Dont mind him leaving at all. Would like to see a creative midfielder come in in his place. Yet to see what effect Barton will have on the side.

clueless.

Agreed. Woodgate (when fit, which this argument doesn't revolve around) was one of the best central defenders we have ever had. EVER imo.

As for Emre - another who flattered to deceive imo.

I wasn't talking about footballing ability

He's rarely been used correctly for me. You could see when partnered with Butt and given the job of going foward how good a footballer he could be.

The irony of it all is that with SA's prefered 4-3-3 formation and the likes of Barton, Geremi, Faye & Butt alongside he may well have prospered and become a very important part of the midfield.

It appears Sam doesn't really fancy him (early days yet I know) which I find a shame as I don't think we have anyone else who is as potentially creative as Emre. I am fully aware though that there has so far been too much potential and not enough delivery!

In my eyes Emre has certainly not performed to the standard I was expecting but that could be because of the players around him and their lack of expected performence too.

Perhaps being on the pitch with the new additions brought in by Sam could bring out the best he has to offer and that could be what we are looking for by way of a creative midfielder.

I'm sure Big Sam is fully aware Emre has a certain degree of talent and may want to exploit it if he feels it can fit into his plans and formations.

Let's face it, Emre has not proven himself to be a complete dud as Luque did, and he will be with us getting paid until at least the January window.

been played too centrally and deep for all of his newcastle career.

his best times at galatasary and inter were when he played on the left.

has a bit of talent but not good enough for us/ consistent enough for us.... also his delivery from corners / free kicks was usually very poor...