Passports

Craig

Mine expired last month so i've just looked into getting it renewed.....

Sixty-six fucking quid!!! Are they taking the piss or what??

OK it might have been 10 years ago, but I am sure I didn't pay more than 35 notes last time for one.

We're all supposed to part of the European Union anyway so why the hell is it so high? Surely they should offer different levels of passport these days, one for EU only and one for the rest of the world.

All joking aside, no wonder there's a whole load of illegal immigrants in this country.

Guest Patrokles

It's not unreasonable considering it only needs doing every 5/10 years. It's the same kind of price in America, and takes a lot longer too.

So because America charge that much, it's OK for us to do it is it?? Didn't realise it works like that....

It fucking stinks if you ask me, all the details that exist on your passport are already in the government's hands to start with, they just charge you an extortionate amount every 10 years to 'confirm' that detail with them.

When you consider it's nearly doubled in price in the last 10 years, do you find that acceptable? Will you be happy paying around £130 in 10 years time?

If they bring in ID cards it'll probably go up to £ 100

Its sheer gouging TBH - you ahve to have one

Maybe we should refer them to the Monopolies Commission

It's probably what they are pricing for now.

A UK wide fingerprint and DNA database from birth to death doesn't come cheap you know.

Edited by Fop

Mine expired last month so i've just looked into getting it renewed.....

Sixty-six fucking quid!!! Are they taking the piss or what??

OK it might have been 10 years ago, but I am sure I didn't pay more than 35 notes last time for one.

We're all supposed to part of the European Union anyway so why the hell is it so high? Surely they should offer different levels of passport these days, one for EU only and one for the rest of the world.

All joking aside, no wonder there's a whole load of illegal immigrants in this country.

It costs 66 quid for an Englishman to renew a passport and thats the reason for there being illegal immigrants.

I am struggling with your logic there, any chance of an explanation?

I was a witness for my mate's kids passports recently. The application was turned down because my signature touched the edge of the box. Fuckers.

Aye, they are absolute bastards about that, mind. When I got my first 10 year one, I had to do the application 3 times. First time it was the same reason as yours, second time it was because my signature was too small! Third time it was because of the way I had shaded a box.

Piss easy getting into this country, just you try getting out!

It costs that much in this country too? The Dusseldorf consulate fleeced me for the best part of 100 euros when I renewed mine a few years back, but I just assumed that was the premium for living in Foreign. Bit cack really - though as Walli says, when you look at it in terms of an annual investment I suppose it's not too bad. Even if it costs more than a cheap flight. ;)

Is £6.60 a year really too much?

I'm referring to the fact that it's doubled in price in 10 years. And what difference is there in passports since then?

Just one - they print your scanned signature in instead of you signing it on receipt of it.

But now you bring it to attention, think about it i layman's terms. You're paying £6.60 a year to provide them with information that they already can readily obtain for nothing....

More to the point, if you have a family of 2 adults and 2 kids who need their passport renewing, that's £264!! Little bit different when you were able to have one passport per family, isn't it? ;)

Is £6.60 a year really too much?

I'm referring to the fact that it's doubled in price in 10 years. And what difference is there in passports since then?

Just one - they print your scanned signature in instead of you signing it on receipt of it.

But now you bring it to attention, think about it i layman's terms. You're paying £6.60 a year to provide them with information that they already can readily obtain for nothing....

More to the point, if you have a family of 2 adults and 2 kids who need their passport renewing, that's £264!! Little bit different when you were able to have one passport per family, isn't it? ;)

Yes. ;)