Trevor McDonald cleared of racism

Dr Kenneth Noisewater

I love how we're "ex-pats" when we live abroad, as if we haven't chosen to live abroad, we've just been forced out of Britain. I was the same in Germany, I'd never have dreamed of calling myself an "immigrant". It's an interesting use of language. Or maybe the term has just been dirtied up too much.

Edited by Meenzer

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love how we're "ex-pats" when we live abroad, as if we haven't chosen to live abroad, we've just been forced out of Britain. I was the same in Germany, I'd never have dreamed of calling myself an "immigrant". It's an interesting use of language. Or maybe the term has just been dirtied up too much.

Immigrants normally learn the language of the country they move to :(

Immigrants normally learn the language of the country they move to :(

No wonder Brits hate them then. Fucking show-offs.

Back on a pre-Alex's triumphant return topic.

Equally, though, they're the ones who'll be hit first by the effects of vast overpopulation. So I suppose it's natural selection in a way.

They already are.

Much of Africa's and Asia's issues come from mass overpopulation and massive population growth already .

I know it's trendy to blame the West for everything - and much of that is correct - but it's near impossible to make peoples standard of life better with the sort of birth rates and overpopulation already occurring and which has been occurring for many years - it's similar to 8 children chav families in the UK country really, only with even fewer avenues to help them.

The one of largest "problems" being reducing child mortality without other factors to bring about birth reductions (if you look at even the UK and such just 40-50 years ago child mortality was even then still fairly high), which is kinda the West's "fault".

I know it's a terribly inhumane way to look at it, but high child mortality is one of natures ways of controlling populations ease that without changing other factors and you get a population explosion.

And one of the best ways to help the poor or Africa and Asia would be to slash their population growth rate or birth rate into a fraction of it's current rate..... it's just there's no realistic way of doing that so there's a viscous circle going on in the population dynamic.

However 9 billion (which is what they think the world population will stabilise at) is unlikely cause a massive population overload of the sort followed by a complete population crash, but it may well spread suffering further and further (as well as contribute to other issues such as Global Warming).

You can even see it in a roundabout way in the UK with house sizes, being such a massively densely populated country (the UK and England especially is only really well beaten by city states) UK average house size is actually going down from its peak and so in that specific context so is standard of living.

It's often said that the planet is fucked but in the long-run it will probably be ok imo (until the Sun packs in anyway). Life is very resilient and adaptable and will go on. Whether the same optimism can be applied to humans is another matter altogether.