Womens World Cup

Kid Dynamite

Re female keepers...is it a gender specific spacial awareness issue? Ie there's actually some credible science behind why the keepers are utterly shit. I bet a case could be stated in any event.

Girls cant catch. Its a scientific FACT.

:icon_lol:

that Swedish defender Marklund, I'd let her tackle me in the box for sure. Now THAT's a sportswoman

Pics required my friend.

hannaboll.jpg

Picking up some award, looks better playing on the field than on the other pics I saw on google tho, then again, I saw her up against them North Koreans, those reds all had the same short hair cut.

• 6 months later...

It's the same with mens football mind, the poorer tradition of football the country is made evident in their 'keepers.

Women's football is still a relatively new thing, they'll gt better... but you're right. It's comedy gold at the moment.

I just think the goals are too big for the 'keepers, what with women being physically smaller than men.

:razz:

Was it viz that did the mock up Regal cigarettes ad "Reg likes 'em because he's chemically addicted to nicotine"

I just think the goals are too big for the 'keepers, what with women being physically smaller than men.

Was it viz that did the mock up Regal cigarettes ad "Reg likes 'em because he's chemically addicted to nicotine"

I wasn't taking the piss btw. It's something that's struck me on the odd occasion I've seen women's football.

I wasn't taking the piss btw. It's something that's struck me on the odd occasion I've seen women's football.

They were thinking about making goals bigger for men to make the game more attractive, so the size should be about right.

They had an interview with the Jorman 'keeper during the last World Cup about the general (sub-)standard of goalkeeping. She said that's foremost down to la ack of special training which was rather rare in Germany until a couple of years ago. So you probably get an image how it is handled in even less advanced nations.

The pitches are too big as well, which is why even internationals can resort to kick and rush. Still though, Given's only just over 6 foot, some women are that tall.

The pitches are too big as well, which is why even internationals can resort to kick and rush. Still though, Given's only just over 6 foot, some women are that tall.

Well, it isn't just the height (although that's a factor) it's the 'spring' / ability to jump which makes a difference too imo. Women just aren't as good at it.

Re female keepers...is it a gender specific spacial awareness issue? Ie there's actually some credible science behind why the keepers are utterly shit. I bet a case could be stated in any event.

Girls cant catch. Its a scientific FACT.

Catching a load on your face does not count.

Spot the man who lives a good 3 hours away from Radgi.

Well, it isn't just the height (although that's a factor) it's the 'spring' / ability to jump which makes a difference too imo. Women just aren't as good at it.

Yeah I know. Given may be short for a keeper, but he's stocky and has big legs so he can jump pretty far (his narrowly failed attempt to get to Elano's free kick away to Citeh this season, for example). If women are that tall they'll be slim as.

• 1 year later...