Travelodge couple's 22-year stay

Jimbo

Travelodge couple's 22-year stay

David Davidson, 79, and his wife, Jean, 70, have a flat in Sheffield but have lived in the hotels near Newark, Notts and then Grantham, Lincs, since 1985.

The couple have spent about £100,000 but said they do not have to worry about bills, cooking or making the bed.

Room 1 of the Gonerby Moor Travelodge near the A1 will now be called The Davidson Suite, complete with a plaque.

The couple stayed at the first ever Travelodge in Barton-under-Needwood, Staffordshire and liked it so much they began to stay more and more often, finally choosing the hotel in Newark.

By booking 12 months in advance, they pay £90 a week and have all housework done by maids while often eating at the nearby Little Chef.

World War II veteran Mr Davidson said: "We get great rates because we book well in advance and we even have our own personal housekeeper. It doesn't get much better than that, does it?

"We do have to be a bit choosy about what we keep in our room as it can fill up easily - but our must-have item is our framed personal photograph."

He continued: "The Travelodge room suits us so much better than our first-floor flat in Sheffield, which has no disabled access for Jean. It's important as she now suffers from a bone disease and uses a wheelchair."

And, of course, the couple use the hotel chain when they go on holiday.

Paul Anstey, Travelodge director of operations for the North, said: "We know Travelodge has really loyal customers throughout the UK but the Davidsons are unique - they've literally made a Travelodge into their home."

I'd find that picture of the give a fuck-o-meter, but I don't even care enough for that.

A couple are staying at a hotel is the story of the day? Fancy that! ;)

Forgive me, I thought the idea of living for 22 years at a Travelodge somewhat unusual.

I'd find that picture of the give a fuck-o-meter, but I don't even care enough for that.

Forgive me, I thought the idea of living for 22 years at a Travelodge somewhat unusual.

;)

Seems to me like a story jumped on by travelodge as a bit of free advertising.

;)

Seems to me like a story jumped on by travelodge as a bit of free advertising.

Quite probably

The Major in Fawlty Towers appeared to be living there full time.

majorwearingtievg4.jpg

;)

Lot of 'charcters' spent long spells living in hotels....Brando, Howard Hughes, that gay bloke who lived in the Chelsea hotel in N.Y...Peter Sellers...

Of course Sellers wouldn't buy shoes with laces either..