Led Zeppelin To Reform

Tom

Clicky

Id personally rather they didn't bother.

Im a huge Led Zeppelin fan, practically a Led Zeppelin geek. They are the reason i learned guitar properly and the reason i spent £1k on a Gibson Les Paul rather than any other guitar in that price bracket and a above.

I think my quarrel is that my idea of Zep is not a bunch of 65 year old blokes with grey hair....

Clicky

Id personally rather they didn't bother.

Im a huge Led Zeppelin fan, practically a Led Zeppelin geek. They are the reason i learned guitar properly and the reason i spent £1k on a Gibson Les Paul rather than any other guitar in that price bracket and a above.

I think my quarrel is that my idea of Zep is not a bunch of 65 year old blokes with grey hair....

Everyone gets old (unless they do a Morrison/Cobain/Bolan etc. anyway).

Depends why they are doing it really, purely cash, or for themselves.

Yeh,

Im not fussed about going,

and over 20 million people tried to get tickets so there wasn't much chance anyway and at £125? Fuck that!

Wonder how much they will go for on ebay. ;)

Yeh,

and over 20 million people tried to get tickets so there wasn't much chance anyway and at £125? Fuck that!

thing is it isn't even a proper full on gig is it? Its one of the charity does with a few bands playing, they'll probably be on for less than half an hour!

And it's no big deal really is it, page and plant have got together loads of times in past it's just that they didnt bother with Jones.

Yeh,

thing is it isn't even a proper full on gig is it? Its one of the charity does with a few bands playing, they'll probably be on for less than half an hour!

And it's no big deal really is it, page and plant have got together loads of times in past it's just that they didnt bother with Jones.

The BBC article says it was meant to have been a 30min set but they are now doing a full set.

Yeh,

The BBC article says it was meant to have been a 30min set but they are now doing a full set.

linkage?

Yeh,

Wonder how much they will go for on ebay. :icon_lol:

linkage?

www.bbc.co.uk ;)

Well they're not doing it for the money it seems. Good to see they're using Jason Bonham on drums rather than the once-rumoured Zack Starky.

I know what you're saying Thom (re 65+ rockers - will they be any good) and although Page's playing has suffered from years of abuse I can't see them reforming if they aren't good enough. They have too much at stake really. Their reaction to the 85 Live Aid video footage shows they are aware of that. I have Jimmy Page and The Black Crowes: Live at the Greek on CD and I think some of Page's faults are covered by the Crowes, but it's still good stuff.

I saw The Who at Glastonbury this year and was a little underwhelmed in one respect (which is why I sort of share Thom's fears) but thinking about it, they were missing more than just one of the original band members. I think Daltry was having a bit of an off day anyway and I've watched the Glasto footage a couple of times now and maybe I'm being a bit too critical.

Anyway, The Who have done it pretty successfully, Cream nailed it so I reckon Led Zep will pull it off too.

Beside man, JPJ and Page playing Going to California and That's the Way acoustic will be mint. I think it's harsh to class JPJ as just a bassist. The man is multi-talented.

*runs off to put on The Lemon Song and Heartbreaker*