London

Guest stevieintoon

Guest stevieintoon

I've been working away for my company in Central London for the last two weeks. I've always loved the place, I used to go 12-15 times a year after me sister went to Uni there and stayed for good from the late 80's. It's vibrant exciting and fuckin great really. To visit that is.

Working there is very different, I had no idea I would be so homesick, and although I got pissed on the train coming home on Friday afternoon, I'm not ashamed to admit there was half a tear in my eye, when we crossed the Tyne. Working away makes you realise how special Newcastle is. Give me a traffic jam on the West Road in the morning any day, for the nightmare that is commuting on the tube at 8am. No word of a lie, the hardest thing about working in London is the tube. They're dangerously full, full of rude cunts who push you out the way, cunts reading The Guardian, tramps, muslims with rucksacks, it's a pure and utter headfuck.

The people at my company are alright, but a world away from geordies. Most of them are posh cunts, and this one nobhead in particular, supported Chelsea two years ago, but now supports Liverpool, sums it up really. Of 25 blokes in my office only two support their local club, me and this fuckin Arsenal fan.

Another thing about London, and this isn't a criticism I suppose, if ye a borderline fat cunt which at 15 and a half stone I am, ye feel like Rik Waller doon there, because nearly everyone is so thin. The birds are better looking though I have to say, everywhere ye look there's a big pair of tits.

The terrorism thing was always on me mind too, my work is right between Euston and Warren Street stations, pivotal during 7/7, all I can say is I can't even imagine the horrors of those bombings in 2005, ye just can't comprehend how many people are about in the morning going to work. It's like the match coming oot at 10 to 5, but everywhere.

So anyway, London, unbeatable city to live in, but working there oh dear.

Ah aye if anyone fancies a chinkies don't fuckin go to "Tai" which is between Piccadilly Circus and Soho.

don't go to Chutney's near Brick Lane for a curry, it's a mediocre curry but they charge you £1.25 per poppadom!

The bars in Clapham and near Old Road aren't much more expensive than the places I drink in Leeds and while the girls are amazing in Leeds, London girls are that tiny bit better looking.

unfortunately they're either essex slags or sloanes, I'd rather stick with the girls I see around leeds tbh

I only live 60 mins away (on the train) from London. Handy for a day out but I wouldn't really consider living there unless I was getting paid a shit load.

It takes nearly two hours to get to London from where I live via train, which is ridiculous considering I'm only 60 ish miles away. Been on the Tube plenty of times in ther last couple of years and if I'm honest, I've barely worried about being blown up by any Muslims with rucksacks.

I lived in Harrow for 16 months having moved down to Pompey in July and I miss it so much. True I wasn't in central London, but it was only half an hour away as I had to take either the Bakerloo or Metropolitan line to work each day seeing as I worked in Paddington. I want to go back to London so badly. I loved it, and as soon as a locum position that I want becomes available up there I'm taking it, as this time I'm going to live more central. London is awesome.

I only live 60 mins away (on the train) from London. Handy for a day out but I wouldn't really consider living there unless I was getting paid a shit load.

It takes nearly two hours to get to London from where I live via train, which is ridiculous considering I'm only 60 ish miles away. Been on the Tube plenty of times in ther last couple of years and if I'm honest, I've barely worried about being blown up by any Muslims with rucksacks.

I would be more bothered about the rat race than the bombers to be honest.

Lass I used to work with got an appreticeship down in London. Loved the job, hated the commute and the whole London vibe and jacked it in to come back north. Having said that, one of my best mates from uni was a cock-er-knee and she loves living and working in London, so it's each to their own really.

DLR is where it's at. The tube is a nightmare at peak times.

Lewisham branch, representing. :icon_lol:

You know Belmont Hill, and The One pub?

Nope, I'm the other side of Lewisham proper (up the hill on the edges of Brockley) so I've never ventured eastwards of the shopping centre/market/scummy high street. It's funny how insular you can get even when living in Big Exciting City.

(EDIT: Nearest DLR station being Deptford Bridge, not that I'd use it unless I was going to London Shitty Airport, as there's two tube and four overground stations within closer walking distance)

Edited by Meenzer

I was referring to Stevie, if that's what you're confused about.

Better than being a complete non-entity bell end though aye? Mong.

That doesn't really make any sense. Unless you mean on a Newcastle forum? :icon_lol:

Guest stevieintoon
I was referring to Stevie, if that's what you're confused about.

Better than being a complete non-entity bell end though aye? Mong.

That doesn't really make any sense. Unless you mean on a Newcastle forum? :icon_lol:

" :icon_lol: "

Edited by stevieintoon