Sunday Gossip

Jimbo

TRANSFER RUMOURS

Juventus are ready to make a move for out-of-favour Liverpool striker Peter Crouch in January. Manchester City are also interested. (Sunday Express)

Galatasaray will make a £4m bid for Emre after he admitted he wants to quit Newcastle. (News of the World)

AC Milan could be preparing a bid for Chelsea's Michael Ballack. (People)

West Ham expect to sign Derby midfielder Giles Barnes for £7.5m in January. (People)

Arsenal goalkeeper Jens Lehmann is being chased by a host of German clubs, including Stuttgart. (Sunday Mirror)

Southampton manager George Burley may make a bid for Slovakia striker Marek Mintal in January. (Sunday Express)

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson is pondering a move for Celtic midfielder Scott Brown. (People)

Portsmouth boss Harry Redknapp is targeting Brazilian international Afonso Alves, who plays for SC Heerenveen. (News of the World)

Michael Owen's £9m escape clause from Newcastle does not apply again until the end of the season. (Daily Mail)

Leeds are pondering a loan deal for out-of-favour Leicester striker Matty Fryatt. (People)

New Leicester boss Gary Megson wants to make Sheffield Wednesday's Glenn Whelan his first signing. (People)

West Brom, Sheffield United and Coventry are among eight clubs to have expressed an interest in taking Aston Villa's Gary Cahill on loan. (People)

Watford are poised to sign ex-Everton defender Alessandro Pistone. (People)

Man City could swoop for Chelsea's Wayne Bridge in January. (NOTW)

Tell us your transfer rumours

OTHER GOSSIP

Russion billionaire Alisher Usmanov has struck an £80m deal to buy American Stan Kroenke's Arsenal shares, putting him closer to a takeover. (People)

Joe Royle is the favourite to take over as Preston boss if Paul Simpson is sacked. (Sunday Express)

Newcastle keeper Shay Given will seek talks with boss Sam Allardyce if he is does not play against Derby on Monday. (People)

Manchester City boss Sven-Goran Eriksson will be handed a £150m transfer fund to get the club into the Champions League. (Sunday Mirror)

Chelsea striker Didier Drogba will refuse to play against Manchester United on Sunday unless his knee injury is completely healed. (Observer)

Manchester United have written to the Premier League accusing Liverpool of tapping up Gabriel Heinze. (NOTW)

Crystal Palace chairman Simon Jordan has put pressure on boss Peter Taylor by speaking of his admiration for Neil Warnock. (Observer)

Struggling Nottingham Forest and Doncaster could swoop for Swindon boss Paul Sturrock. (NOTW)

Striker John Hartson might quit the game after being frozen out at West Brom. (NOTW)

Derby are the latest target for foreign investment, with a US consortium set to bid £55m for a 40% stake. (NOTW)

AND FINALLY

Ex-Manchester United midfielder David Beckham will meet Manchester City fan Ricky Hatton at Los Angeles Airport as the boxer begins a five-city tour of the US to promote his fight against Floyd Mayweather. (Sunday Mirror)

An Italian adult channel has paid £58,000 to screen the Uefa Cup game between Fiorentina and Groningen. The channel's star Lollipop, a Fiorentina fan, has been involved in advertising for the game. (Sunday Mirror)

Newcastle keeper Shay Given will seek talks with boss Sam Allardyce if he is does not play against Derby on Monday. (People)

He doesn't like playing 2nd fiddle at all.

I simply don't believe the story.

He doesn't like playing 2nd fiddle at all.

I simply don't believe the story.

Well he put in a transfer request last time he was held out of the team so it's plausible, more so than most footy rumour anyway.

Edited by Fop

The club failed to mention that Owens clause would be activated again at the end of the season.

No I don't they did. I vaguelly recall someone saying that the get out clause reduces each year, so next year it'll be £4.5m or something... I think. ;)

If that's true about Given he must be a 1st class wanker. I would be embarrassed if I were him after Harper's waited so long for his chance without spitting his dummy then he misses two games and starts demanding crisis talks.

If it's true that is.

If it is get rid, we've allowed players to run the club for to long imo and you wouldn't see the likes of Man Utd bowing to his demands so if that's what we want to be aiming for in the long term don't tolerate it.

Edited by Wacky Jnr